Ways to my Heart (Mortal Instruments FanFic)

I walked inside the institute, preparing myself for hell...

...I'm back. 

~~FlashBack~~

I walked into Jace's and my room expecting to see him asleep. I was supposed to come home tomorrow but I wanted to surprise him, but now that I think about it surprises are terrible. I quietly opened the door to hear thrashing and darkness. Maybe he was having a bad dream? I looked a little harder and saw two figures in a bed, kissing. Maybe I shouldn't have come back. Maybe I should have just stayed until tomorrow. Maybe if I didn't come back my heart wouldn't break. Maybe if I didn't come back I wouldn't feel...so...so bad, trashy, worthless, shitty, like nothing. 

I made a whimpering sound and closed the door, leaving me in the hall. So many thoughts, no feelings. I felt numb like I could crash on the floor and stay there. Are you supposed to feel nothing when you jsut got cheated on? I felt my eyes water, why am I crying? I don't feel anything. I feel the tears starting to flow down my cheeks. Absent-minded my hand moves to my stele. I feel the grooves on it, the familiar cool-to-the touch substance. I grasp it and quickly scribble a rune on the wall. A blue portal appears and I walk through it. I don't know what's happening, all I can think about is the two bodies mingled together kissing and feeling each other. I feel like I walked into a porn, starring my boyfriend and a random stranger.  I tightly close my eyes feeling the tears running down my cheeks in a river like flow, I know my fists are clenched around my stele. 

I landed in front of a tall building that I am guessing is an institute. Tears started to stop running down my cheeks as I wiped the tears away. I got to my feet, cold air whipping my face making my face sting. The air smelled of grass and flowers. I looked around the sunlight was dim, I was guessing it was early morning. So around 6 or 7. I walked over to the large institute, it had the angelic rune, so it was an institute. I walk up the steps, to the large doors. I knock, stiff, yet loud enough. I hear it echoing and wait a few moments. Those moments felt like eternity, then a young girl opens the door. She looks about 7 or 8. 

"Hi" the little girl said looking up, "I'm Kasey." 

Kasey had beautiful blond hair with vibrant blue eyes, Kasey had freckles sprinkled across her face. She had a pale skin and was short for being around 7-8. All in all, she was adorable. 

"Hi, I'm Clarissa. You can call me Clary though. Is your mommy or daddy here?" 

"Mhm! Follow me!" Kasey giggled opening the door. I flashed her a smile, my heart still hurting. 

~~End of FlashBack~~ 

After following Kasey my life changed. I met my parabatai, Emily, met my new family.

Jessica Strongate, mother of Kasey, Noami, Michael, Ryan, and Emily. Her husband was, ironically, Max. Jessica had blond hair with grey eyes. Jessica is a mentor and motherly. She runs the Edinburgh institute, where I live now, along with her husband Max. Jessica automatically took me in, didn't even ask why I was here. She let me have my time and I eventually told her, after telling Emily. Jessica is strong and brave. Jessica is tall with curves, she has a well built structure, not looking to masculine. Jessica is very artistic, in drawing and music. She taught me the Piano and the rest of the children. Ryan and Michael also know how to play the piano but weren't interested in it.