Realising The Truth - Chapter 20

Yes ive uploaded, yes im a lazy butt and i havent done it in a while i am truly sorry.

enjoy

There’s always a time where you’ll wonder, what if? What if I hadn’t said those things to do that person, would it be different? We can’t help but blame ourselves for what mistakes we let happened. It just felt like the same mistakes, different situations.

I never liked to wait, I was impatient when I was a little kid – never could really wait my turns in the lines to the canteen. So waiting for Blaze to come out of surgery was even harder. I watched Mr Morrison pace back and forth while Mrs Morrison was quietly sitting down. You could see a lot of Blaze in the both of them, Blaze inherited Mrs M’s eyes while he got his father’s cheek bones.

Blaze thought no one cared about him, he doesn’t know how much people do. I could feel the Styrofoam cup in my hands being crushed as seconds seemed like hours. “Macy! Omg we came as soon as we could, is he alright?” Chloe came rushing in, still in her Aunt’s café uniform, Lucy right behind her.

Lucy rushed over to Mr Morrison; her eyes were rimmed red as her face was extremely pale. “His heart stopped… he’s in surgery… Chloe I know you don’t like him but I just can’t lose him! He may be a goofball, but he’s my goofball.” I was bawling my eyes out now, sobbing like a mad cow.

Chloe gave me a fragile smile before enveloping me into a hug, “Aw hun, I don’t hate him – if anything he made you happy! And it has taken you this bloody long to realize you guys like each other!”

I pulled away, giving her a funny look through sobbing. She just wrapped me into another hug, “Does he make your heart race?”

I scrunched my forehead together, thinking back to all those times me and Blaze had. The stupid arguments and the endless bantering – to the kisses, I let out a sigh, “Yes.”

“Do you trust him?”

I bit my lip, remembering all those plans that Chloe put us through, he had managed to stick by them, helping me no matter what. I gave Chloe a small nod, she continued on, “If he was with another girl…”

My grip around Chloe’s hand tightened – I remember when Lucy and Blaze had put on that act to see what I would do, I remember all those girls he’d go on dates with – and I was just some act. It made my blood boil, I wanted to be one of this girls – I hoped I was.

My eyes tears as I remembered his word, “Just another easy girl,” that’s all I was to him. My mouth felt dry as the saltiness from my tears stung. “I wouldn’t know what to do, and besides what’s the point – I’m just some easy girl, remember?”

Chloe didn’t speak she just stood, her hands gripping hard onto my shoulders. “You listen here Macy,” a soft voice spoke, Lucy was now standing next to Chloe, her face almost drained of life.

“I’ve known Blaze since diaper days, he changed after his sister death – yes he pushed everyone away but you seem to manage to bring a spark of life back to him. Blaze is a quitter and has major trust issues and for him to even tell you about his sister let alone stick with you through this who revenge plan says A LOT. Now get some sense into you, the way the boy looks it you is bloody obvious – he’s fucking in love with you!” Lucy was nearly out of breathe when she finished her speech, her eyes narrowed before softening, “Just don’t let him go…”