Look After You - Chapter 21

A/N: Well Ollie makes an appearance in trhis chapter, if you dont remember thats Blaze's dead little sister. No this is not one of thos fantasy ghost. And Just to let you know, the story wiill come to an end  in about 4 or 3 more chapters with an epilogue.

There might be a sequel, but Blaze and Macy would only make occasional experiences.

But anyhoo, enjoy. My favourite chapter so far = id say.

Chapter 21

------

The blackness started to fade and was slowly being replaced by a strong bright light. I blinked rapidly to keep the bright light from stinging my eyes. I sat up as soon as my vision cleared, I was greeted by a bland white room. Where the hell was i? “Finally your awake!” her soft voice spoke, I whirled around – there she was, in her favourite white summer dress, still the same height and those same blue eyes.

“Ollie?” my dead baby sister couldn’t be standing right in front of me, I reached – my hand landed upon on her shoulder – she was real. “Oh shit,” I murmured before I pulled her into a big hug, the realisation of how much I miss her everyday hit me, I could feel tears starting to stream down my face.

“Stop crying you big softie!” she pulled away from the hug, she had her familiar smirk on her lips- gosh she was just how I remembered. I let out a sad smile, she would never grow older because she died – she would never grow up to have kids or a husband. The sudden thought bit at me coldly, making me squirm.

“Wait… Ollie your dead though. That means – omg is this heaven?” everything was white, I blame all those stereotypical movies for my current freak out. Ollie just raised a brow, “You think you’d go to heaven, nice joke Blaze. You’re in a coma, you died twice – but you’re hanging on.”

My mouth opened before closing again, “Gah.” That was the only sound that managed to come out. This was really too much to comprehend and let alone it coming from my 9yr old sister. She just stared, “I like Macy.”

“You know about her?”

Ollie just shot me a deadpanned look, “I like her too.” That’s when a sharp pain stung my cheek, I glanced at Ollie who had just slapped me, “What the heck Ollie!” she may be nine but I'm pretty sure she hit pms already.

“You’re the idiot who said those hurtful words to her! I mean are you serious Blaze, then you go ram your car into a tree – everyone’s bawling their eyes out for you!” That’s when my memory came flooding back, Macy’s hurtful face the next minute there was blood everywhere before it all faded out.

“Oh.”

“And how could you be selfish! Mum and Dad! There so scared, after losing me… they can’t lose you Blaze,” her voice toned down, her eyes started to water. I didn’t even realised how much I would hurt mum and dad, I felt like the biggest arsehole right now. I pulled her into a big hug, bearing my face into a shoulder – I could feel her tears soaking through my shirt, “I'm so sorry Ol, I'm so sorry.”

She sniffled, pulling away, “Don’t apologise to me! You owe them to others.”

I glanced at her, when had she matured so much, “Ollie, I'm sorry for when I didn’t save you – how I watched as you got hit by that car. I’ve never forgiven myself, it was my fault and I'm so sorry – you’ll always be my baby sister, I’ve never forgotten you.”

Ollie just smiled, ruffling my hair – since I was squatting to be her height. “It wasn’t your fault; i haven’t forgiven you because there’s no reason for you to be sorry in the first place! You were the best brother anyone could ask for and what’s hurting me is that you’re here when you have an amazing life to live.”