Chasing Fate - Chasing 19

Okayy ; read on and i hope you like it :D

Macy’s P.O.V

“Pick up, pick up,” I muttered into my phone, why wasn’t Chloe picking up! I paced back and forth. My car just had to be at the mechanics. I needed to get to the hospital and fast! I pressed the end button on the call, scrolling down my contacts list I paused.

Aaron…I let out a sigh, I imagined a lifeless Blaze, no mysterious blue eyes peering back at me, pale skin attached with multiple wires. My eyes shot open, my chest rising up and down – without hesitating and I pressed call.

I pressed my ear to the receiver; the line quickly picked up – static and background noise attacking my ear. A breathless voice answered, “Hello?”

“Aaron – can you give me a lift?” my voice was soft, I don’t know if I could hold on any longer. What if Blaze died, I would never get to tell him how I feel – I’d lose him! Aaron perked up, he had picked up on my voice, “Macy! What’s wrong? What happened?”

I persisted on, “I’ll tell you later, just please come to my house. Hurry!” I could hear Aaron running down his stairs, his heavy breathing into the phone. I willed for Blaze to hold on. ‘I’ll be right there Mace, stay put.” With that the phone clicked off.

I let my hand drop from my ear to my side, dangling lifelessly. I remember the first time I met Blaze, running into him in the library. The memory slowly brought tears to my eyes.

I laughed, shooing Chloe and Ryan away, “I’ll meet you at the stands, just got to put these books away!” they nodded as I collected the books. I snuggled into Aaron’s football jersey that only the footballer’s girlfriend could wear. It made my heart lunge every time – that Aaron had picked me to wear his jersey.

I shoved the books into the vacant shelf, hurrying myself so I wouldn’t miss the game. I was about to leave when I heard a soft voice travel from the courtyard – being the curious person I was, I peeked around the corner.

His black hair fell over his face, his fingers carefully strumming an acoustic guitar, his eyes shut tight while he hummed a familiar tune. My hand came to rest on the railings; something about him had a pulling force. Without looking up he spoke, “Aren’t you supposed to be at the game?”

I jumped back from his sudden question, “I-I’m on my way there…”

The silence faded as the dark haired boy begin to strum louder, “if I lay here, if I just lay here – would you lie with me and just forget the world?” his voice was raspy yet soothing, I felt somewhat entranced – like he was speaking directly to me.

“A-are you new to the school?” I stuttered, I’d never seen him before. He didn’t stop strumming, he simply opened his eyes, “I don’t quite know, how to say. How to feel…” he continued singing, I let out a quiet gasp at the sight of his blue eyes.

“Your late, I don’t think your boyfriend will be too happy,” he spoke, his voice knocking me out of a trance. I quickly gathered up my stuff giving him a quick nod, I caught a quick glance of him as I left he had returned back to singing.

I rushed out of the library, my heart was beating like crazy, first of all I was late for Aaron’s game and secondly that was the first day I met Blaze Morrison.

“Macy!” he enveloped me in his arms, I buried my face into his chest – the familiar smell of his cologne helping me to breath. I let the tears slowly flow, he didn’t even mind I was getting his t-shirt wet. “I’ve lost him – I can’t!” I wailed, Aaron muttered soothing words to me, rubbing circles on my back.