Chapter 7

The gun was shot.

Instantly every one stopped. I heard screams from students waking up.

I could tell even the two men were surpised.

"Ricky! What happened?!" 'A' said as he began to walk were Ricky was. But I remained on his back.

We turned the corner to see blood on the floor. The teacher was hiding under the counter. Ricky was dead.

Where's the gun?

I looked up to see Sam holding the gun. I felt my mouth drop.

"Y-you killed my brother" A said.

"You really should find some place else to rob. Schools just don't fit you type." Sam said.

A pulled me off his back and I was still in deep shock so I didn't refuse.

H came in and saw Ricky on the floor. He dropped the hammer in shock.

"You are a stupid little kid! And I know where you fit in." A said as he smiled. "In hell!" he pulled a second gun from in his coat.

On impulse I grabbed the hammer and hit A in the head.

Crack.

His life less body feel flat on the floor.

I killed him.

I dropped the hammer. My hands began to shake. But then Sam ran up to me and grabbed the other gun.

"Follow me." He said. I listened to him. As we left and ran up stairs I saw H man leave. Only moments later teachers saw the two dead men and many students that surrounded them.

We kept running.

"Where's your room. We need to hide." He said as he turned back to look at me.

"Not my room. I have some where else in mind." I led Sam to the attic.

When I got up there the first thing I did was walk up to my window.

"How did you get the gun?" I asked turning back around to look at Sam.

"I honestly just took it. He was so distracted by the teacher and the money he never saw me coming."

"Why are you even at this school?"

"Justin made me come. He needed back up or something because he wanted to see some girl."

"Ohh" I didn't feel like saying anything else. I didn't want to talk about Justin. Not now. "What do we do now?" I asked.

"Ran away."

"Run away? How on earth can we do that?"

"Simple. You don't go to school tomorrow and I spread a rumor that you have been taken. I will have Justin help me fake my death after school tomorrow. Then tomorrow night we leave."

"Where do we even go?"

"To no man's land."

"Where's that?"

Sam pulled a small paper out of his pocket. It was a map of the old and new U.S.A.

"You see, from New York to Florida are that marks of the New America's borders. It's lined with electric fences and barb wire. But there is one place there isn't any." he pointed to the Ohio area.

"Even if we get there, cant they also cross the border to get us?"

"Yes and no. Everything these days run on A hyper board placed under the surface of the New America. So they only can get us on foot. not by car or anything else. That's how my mom and a few of her friends escaped. My dad was with her but made a distraction using me so the police wouldn't get to them. But it only worked for so long."

"What happened after that?"

"A few people were arrested and some got there freedom."

"So that's were we go. To there and then we are free, right?" I asked pointing to ohio.

"Yes. But it my seem close to us but it will most likely take 2 weeks or less  if we are lucky and hopefully no run ins with the cops."

I didn't know what to think. To runaway with a complete stranger who killed someone or stay here and die a perfect boring citizen.

"Come with me," he said " and I will promise to keep you safe." he reached out his hand.

"I accept." and took his hand.

A/N

sorry it's short. hope you enjoy :) vote and comment.