Chapter 6

I quickly got out of my bed as quietly as possible. Grace was on the bed blow mine. She was sound asleep.

The room was hot and stuffy. I walked over to the door and exsited to the hall. But it was the same as the room.

I doubled checked the halls both ways for teachers till I made my way up the attic steps. As fast as I could I ran to the window I made. I sat in front of it feeling the nights breeze against my skin.

I need to go. I need to get away. This school is a prison it's self.

I took many deep breaths as I tried to calm my mind down. It was racing with runaway thoughts. How what I've learned in my classes tell me the life I am to live is useless to everyone else unless I be a perfect citizen.

The only way to be different was to run away.

I began to pase back and forth as I decided on how to talk to Grace about the dream.

It probly wasn't even her. Just a bad dream.

But I felt my self hesitate to even think of that. I had doughts about my own best friend!

I looked back at my window and saw one really bright star. I wanted to make a wish but my window was probly only 1 foot wide and 1 foot in length and I wanted to rest my elbows on something. 

So I took one over the wooden planks left from when ever they built this place. I used it to make the window bigger by a couple of inches.

I grabbed a small wood piece that would seem to fit perfectly on the bottem of the window.

To my surprise it was a little two big. But that made it more sturdy.  Once it was in I tested it out by placing my hands down on it.

It seemed to work just fine. I sat on the box and placed both of my elbows on the bottem of the window. As I intertwined my fingers together, I looked up at the star.

Closing my eyes I began to speak.

"I wish for an escape from this school, from everyone here. I want to find a better place. I want to live in a better society."

I looked back down and I was able to see the yard of the school better because my window was big enough to fit my head through.

The yard was dark but that didn't hide the fact that the grass was fake. Then the only other thing was the 4 ft tall chain fence.

I narrowed my eyes down at the corner of the fence. I saw three big figures hopping over the fence. Not to get out though, they were coming in. And one had a gun placed in his right hand and a hammer in the other. The other two had two large sacks swung across there backs.

My breath began to quicken as they approached the double steel doors in front of the school. With the hammer the mad broke the handle on the door. Then using the other end of the hammer he began to open the door.

I jumped out of my seat. I ran down several halls till I was in the lobby were the 12th graders and the boys from 11th and 10th would come in. The double doors were still closed but the handle was on the floor. I knew we didn't have much time till they opened the door.

I ran to the nearest classroom hoping a teacher would be in there. Thankfully two of the night teachers, who would make sure we didn't leave our rooms past 9, were talking to each other.

They immediately looked at me and shot up.

"Your not supposed to be out of bed."The women said as she pointed a finger at me. What was I going to say?!

I didn't say anything I just pointed to the lobby. They both walked out of the classroom really confused. The older woman grabbed my arm as they walked to the lobby.

I tried to get out of her grasp but she held my arm tighter.

It was to late to stop them. The three men stood in the lobby looking around. They all had black ski masks on, black shirts and pants. Then very dark brown boots that had a black mark on each one of their boots.

The one in the middle had an A placed on the tip of the boot. The shortest one had an H. The other had an R.

The man in the middle looked strait at us. His smile widened as he lifted the gun to the teacher holding my arm. She immediately let go and put her hands in the air.

"Give me money, now." he demanded.

"W-we h-have non." she stuttered.

"Yes you do!" he shouted as he waved the gun in his hands around.

"L-let me g-go get it." she turned around and walked behind a podium.

"Nice try. Go get the money from were ever you put it. But it won't all fit behind that." he motioned to the podium. "I know that's were you call the cops."

He looked over to the man with an R on his shoe. "Ricky, take this and follow this women to the money." He handed 'Ricky' the gun.

Ricky and the teacher walked down the hall. They were going to the school store.

The man then turned to me. I felt heat run through my body.

"Hey there pretty little girl." he said as he crept towereds me. "Do you want to know something."

"W-what." I said trying to not to show I was scared but my voice cracked.

He smiled. He picked a piece of my hair up and played with it.

"You don't kn-" he was cut short by the other teacher.

"Get away from the student." I had forgotten she was there.

He turned his head and pulled a knife from his sleeve. He pined her up to the wall and put the knife up to her neck.

"Did I ask you." He pressed the knife deeper into her neck. I had to do something.

Move stupid!!

I jumped on the man's back completely throwing him off guard.

The Man with the H on his shoe came up and tried to pull me off, but I held on to his neck so when he pulled th A man would get choked.

Do you know that moment when everything seems to move slow when your mind is trying to keep up with everything going on around you. Or when something happens that makes you forget everything else that's happening around you. All because something you see or hear that your mind just can't imagine to actually happen. That's how now feels. That's how you would feel when you hear a gun.

A/N

Sorry it's been awhile. I didn't really know how to write this chapter and I have had a lot of school stuff. :P. Hope you enjoy the story. Vote and comment please. :)