One Step Closer {Damon Salvatore} Chapter Eighteen: Roadtrip

Chapter 18

Ghost of You by Selena Gomez and the Scene

One of these days

I'll wake up from this bad dream I'm dreamin'

One of these days I pray that I'll be, over, over, over you

One of these days I'll realize that I'm so tired of

Feelin' confused

But for now there's a reason

That you're still here in my heart

---

"What the hell! You can't go around using your creepy ninja vampire quietness to sneak up on people!" Jordyn scolded, heart beating so quickly it felt like it was going to fall out of her chest as she managed to glare at Damon.

He shrugged. "Its not my faultyou didn't hear me." Damon remarked as he reclined the passenger seat back. "So where are we going?" He smirked at her.

"We," she said, emphasizing the word and pointing from Damon to herself, " are not going anywhere. I have some…things I need to do, so why don't you buzz off or something."

"But where would the fun be in that?" He tilted his head at her, eyes gleaming with mischief. "Plus, all I'd have to do is place a little call to a certain Original…"

"You know I hate you, right?" Jordyn remarked.

Damon smirked. "That kiss earlier says otherwise."

Jordyn's cheeks flamed. "I didn't-I mean-that is-"

Damon arched an eyebrow, amused at the witch's embarrassment. "No explanations needed. I'm irresistible." He sighed dramatically. "It's a curse."

Jordyn rolled her eyes before facing Damon and for once she was completely serious. "This trip isn't for fun. It's about protecting Kiara. If you get in my way or try anything that'll stop me from doing what I need to, I will personally cause you to regret it. Understood?"

Damon slowly frowned. Jordyn was hiding something…something dangerous. A bad feeling crept through him as he looked into those strange green eyes that held silver within them. The beautiful eyes were guarded.

Blue eyes examined the unnaturally serious, stoic face of the young witch for a moment before finally saying four words, "Protect Kiara from what?"

Jordyn simply stared at him, face blank. Kiara had told Jordyn something she had never told anyone before. Her past. Kiara trusted her not to tell, so why should she?

Damon groaned. "Just tell me already so I can help or something."

Jordyn eyed him. "Why would you want to help? You think Kiara's annoying."

"Doesn't mean I want her dead. Plus, you're my friend." Suddenly, Damon narrowed his eyes as he leaned closer to her. "I'm letting you be something I've never allowed anyone else to ever be. Someone I trust. Don't make me regret it."

"…same here. But I can't tell you why Kiara needs protecting. It's not my secret to tell."

Damon nodded slowly and the tension dissipated out of the car almost instantly. "So, friend, where are we going?"

Taking a deep breath, Jordyn answered. "Boston."

Damon wrinkled his nose up in distaste. "What's in boring ol' Boston?"

"Information."

Elijah watched without a single movement as the dark blue Mercedes disappeared from sight. He wondered briefly if he was doing the right thing letting the girl go find Aiden whom was currently in the company of the son, or sons you could say, of Malykarian.