One Step Closer {Damon Salvatore} Chapter Eleven: Taken

Chapter Eleven

How to Save a Life by The Fray

Try to slip passed his defense

Without granting innocence

Lay down a list of what is wrong

Things you told him all along

~~~

Tonight was the night. The night Kiara had been waiting for. The night of the Welcome to Winter Ball.

Kiara put the finishing touches on her hair and slipped on the dress she had been working on over the past week, with more than a little help from her powers. She spun around in font of the mirror, took a deep breath, and then began to descend the stairs to where Jordyn and Tyler were waiting.

"Wow Wolfboy. You clean up nicely." Jordyn remarked.

Tyler smirked. "Of course I do." The nickname no longer bothered him, plus he knew that if he wanted to be with Kiara then he would gave to get used to the sarcastic witch who was like a sister to the child-like girl.

"Silver huh? Is that the color of Kiara's dress?" Jordyn asked, pointing at his vest.

Tyler shrugged. "It's the color she told me she was gonna wear."

A frown crossed Jordyn's face as she thought. "I don't remember Kiara even buying a dress…"

"Then where did she-" Tyler's eyes were locked on the stairs, no words coming out. Jordyn turned to see what he was looking at.

It was Kiara.

She was dressed in a silver, shimmery dress that to Jordyn resembled a ball gown. The sleeves were hanging off of her shoulders, near the top of her arm, and the whole dress looked made out of moonbeams. Kiara had her hair down in long, black loopy curls, quite a change since Kiara almost always had her hair pulled back into a long braid.

Kiara blushed. "I made it. Does it look bad?"

"No." Tyler managed to choke out. Jordyn had a feeling Kiara used some kind of kitsune magic to help in the creation of the dress.

Kiara smiled. "Good. Ready to go?" She directed the question to Jordyn as she turned to face her. Jordyn's dress was such a dark blue that it almost looked black. It was strapless and absolutely beautiful. The witch's chestnut colored hair that hung down near her shoulders fell in completely straight strands against her face.

In Kiara's opinion, Jordyn looked beautiful and confidant, both things that she wished she were. Little did she know that Jordyn was thinking the exact opposite.

"Awesome." Jordyn grinned at her friend. "My friend, you look HOT!"

Kiara gave her a beaming yet shy smile. "Thanks. So do you."

~~~

The gym was decorated with huge glittery snowflakes hanging from the ceiling. White, puffy pillow stuffing lay in spots on the floor all around. Candles flickered in white lampposts and glitter sparkled on every surface.

Tyler smiled at Kiara who, just like her dress, fit right in with the fairytale-ish theme. Kiara smiled back.

She was having a lot of fun, and they had only been there for close to an hour so far. The first slow dance of the night began to resound through the gym.

Tyler mock bowed to Kiara. "May I have this dance, my lady?"

Kiara blushed while she giggled softly. "Of course."