One Step Closer {Damon Salvatore} Chapter Two: Home Is Not Where the Heart Is

Disclaimer: I do not own The Vampire Diaries otherwise I would be married to Damon lol. Me and InnocentKitsune444 only own Jordyn, Kiara, and any OC characters/enemies we make :) Oh, and thanks for those who reviewed! (And in the multimedia thing, the picture is of Kiara :D)

Chapter Two

Nobody's Home by Avril Lavigne

She wants to go home,

But Nobody's Home,

It's where she lies,

Broken Inside

---

The house was on the outskirts of Mystic Falls, though Jordyn used the word 'house' loosely. The house's painting on the outside, which was now just a bunch of chips here and there, had once been a light bluish color…or so Jordyn had surmised. The shutters, which were now a faded grey color, were more than half hanging off of their hinges.

Yeah, now Jordyn understood why the house had been so cheap. It was a disaster.

"I love it!" Jordyn looked at Kiara in surprise. She loved it?

"You love it?" Jordyn asked.

Kiara nodded enthusiastically, "Of course, it's better than where I lived in the Dark Dimension! This house is the explosion."

Jordyn zeroed in on Kiara's last sentence. "The explosion?"

"Yes. Like something is the best." Kiara replied smiling.

Jordyn rolled her eyes. "What you mean is, this house is the bomb." Which it definitely isn't. Jordyn didn't know what it was that had made her tell Kiara she could stay with her. Maybe it was the fact that Kiara was so innocent and naïve that if left alone to her own devices, something bad would happen. Ever since Jordyn escaped, she didn't know why she did a lot of things that she did now. Kiara staying with her being a prime example of that.

"That too." Kiara said. She glided up the porch steps. "It's beautiful."

"Uh-huh." Jordyn said with an eyebrow raised. She thought about the wall of fire Kiara had used. "So…are you, like, a vampire or a witch or something else?" Jordyn doubted that Kiara was a witch but you never know.

"Something else." Kiara said absently.

Jordyn waited for Kiara to elaborate. When she didn't, Jordyn asked, "What kind of something else?"

"Kitsune." was Kiara's response.

Jordyn racked her brain. She knew that kitsune were Japanese but not much else. She just remembered a remark Klaus had made in passing about kitsune. "What exactly is a kitsune again?"

"Something bad," Kiara said softly, her eyes watered. "Something very, very bad."

~~~

Eyes shut in concentration, Jordyn kept muttering in a continuous course of words that sounded like a mixture of Latin and Ancient Greek. Kiara watched, waiting. She knew not to interrupt a witch when she's casting a spell.

Finally, the wind encircling Jordyn died down and Jordyn let out a breath of relief before slowing standing up on unsteady feet. "There." A grin of triumph was on her face.

"What did you do?" Kiara asked curiously.

Jordyn stretched. "A protection spell."

"Protection?" Kiara asked confused. "Against what?"

The witch glanced at the kitsune amused before saying, "Some very bad people."

"Oh." Kiara nodded. "Good idea."