One Step Closer {Damon Salvatore} Chapter Three: Friends

Disclaimer: Unfortunately, we do NOT own the Vampire Diaries, but a person can dream right?

Chapter Three

Innocence by Avril Lavigne

Waking up to see that everything is okay

the first time in my life and now it's so great,

Slowing down I look around and I am so amazed,

I think about the little things that make life great

---

Jordyn Andrews looked at the clock for the millionth time. "Kiara," She called out annoyed. "Are you ready yet?"

"Coming!" came the girl's reply, who appeared a minute later wearing a bright pink sundress with a light jacket on over it. Her bluish-black hair was done in a long French braid that hung down to a little above her waist.

"How do I look?" Kiara asked nervously.

Jordyn smiled. "Cute. That wolfboy will be head over heels for you in no time." She winked.

"Head over heels?"

Jordyn chuckled quietly. "Nothing. How do I look?" Jordyn was wearing boots with dark blue jeans and a tight-fitting shirt with a black denim jacket on over it.

"Good! You look like your on fire!"

"…what?" Jordyn stared at Kiara.

Kiara frowned, trying to think of the word Jordyn had used to describe Tyler. "You know, umm…."

"Hot?" Jordyn suggested confused.

Kiara nodded enthusiastically. "Yes! That."

Jordyn was still laughing when they got in the car to head to Mystic Falls High.

"What kind of school is this?" Kiara asked as Jordyn drove.

Jordyn glanced at her out of the corner of her eye. "What do you mean?"

Kiara tapped a playful tune on the car door. "Oh you know. Do they teach torture or discipline? I even heard that some specialized schools exist. There are executioner schools and punishment and-what?"

Jordyn stared at Kiara, only half paying attention to the road now. "Remind me to never go to the Dark Dimension."

"What?" Kiara repeated confused.

Jordyn shook her head, returning her eyes to the road. "Nothing. Well, this school teaches different subjects. History, Math, Science, English, you can even take a foreign language if you want."

Kiara grinned. "That's wonderful! What a happy school!"

~~~

"I need your papers Miss…." The secretary said.

"Andrews." Jordyn answered. "My sister and I, well, our old school burned down and our papers were lost in the fire."

"You two are sisters?" The secretary asked skeptical.

Jordyn leans forward and whispered, "She's adopted."

The old woman's eyes watered slightly. "Of course. I was adopted you know. Kiara was it?"

"Yes ma'am." Kiara replied politely.

The secretary put a hand on her heart. "How polite! You just call me Martha."

"Thank you Martha." Jordyn stated, giving the secretary a fake smile.

The secretary arched a brow at the chestnut haired female. "You can call me Miss Thompson." Jordyn didn't hide the scowl that crossed her face but the secretary didn't notice this, too caught up in Kiara.