Love or Hate

: z a y n :

" Get the hell out of my apartment Austin. " Lilly yells, banging on the door.

" Gimme a second bitch. " Austin screams and I hear him moving things around.

" Don't you dare. Let me in. " She yells outraged.

He opens the door.

" Who the fuck is he? " Austin says looking at me up and down. He sets down a box and moves aside so Lilly can enter hee apartment.

" I'm Zayn. " I say quietly.

" Shut it. I didn't ask you. " He growls, slamming the door after I'm in the apartment.

" What have you done to m-my apartment A-Austin? " Lilly says starting to cry as she looks around the trashed apartment.

" I made some adjustments, but I had a few parties and some stuff got.. well some stuff got smashed and destroyed. " He smiles, picks up his box, and starts to leave.

Lilly stops him.

" This is mine. " She says grabbing a stuffed teddy bear out of the box.

" This is yours. " He drops the box and pulls Lilly in front of him and kisses her. She struggles for a moment, but stops and let's herself go limp in his arms until he pulls away.

" I think that belongs to someone else. " She says drying her eyes.

He leaves and closes the door behind him.

Once he's gone. I watch out the window as he gets in his car and just sits staring up at the window until I see tears rolling down his cheeks and then he drives away.

I don't know much about Austin, but I know without a doubt that he loves Lilly.

" The nerve he must have. " She grumbles.

" He loves you Lilly. I know he does. " I say just loud enough for her to hear me over the sound of the person next door vacuming.

" That's what I'm worried about. " She says with tears in her eyes.

I pull her into a hug and sit down on the destroyed couch with her in my arms as she grips the stuffed bear she'd taken from him.

" I can't be with Sam anymore. He did something.. and I don't want to be around someone who makes those kinds of threats.. He isn't a very good person and I've come to realise that.. " She says sadly. I would ask what she means, but I don't think she really wants to talk about it.

" Okay. When are you going to tell him? " I ask.

" Well I thought I could leave you here for a while. I told him I was going to ho over to his house around 9:00 tonight. " She smiles and I can tell she's hiding something, but I really don't mind.

" We should clean this place up a bit. " I say looking around the room at the gray walls and torn furniture.

I go to my suitcase that I'd brought up here and look inside, surprised to see $120,000 plus the $50,000 that I put aside for Louis. Maybe it wasn't money he wanted.

I pull out about $40,000 and hand it to Lilly.

" Will this cover for most of your apartment? " I ask and she bursts into tears.

" I c-can't take this f-from you I w-will pay for it o-on my own Z-Zayn. " She says through short sobs.

" Why are you crying Lilly? " I ask laughing.

" You must l-love me enough t-to do this a-and it just makes m-me want to cry a-and I just.. " She wipes her eyes before continuing.

" No one has ever done anything to help me through, but stand by my side and now all of the sudden your giving me what? $50,000? " She says setting the money down on a demolished table.