Hey There Delilah

: h a r r y :

" Don't play dumb with me Styles. "  Austin yells from the doorway.

" I'm not playing dumb with you Austin. I was drunk and.. Well I didn't know what I was doing. " I don't even really remember... I was too drunk to even care that night to be honest.

" I can not believe you. You left me.. at a gay bar and.. the people there we're disgusting.. I mean who in the world takes their strait friend to a gay bar?! " He practically screams at me taking a step every time he said a word so now he's just inches from me close enough to stab me. With the tone of his voice I wouldn't be shocked if he pulled out a knife right now.

" I can't believe you Styles. " He mutters walking out and slamming the door as he goes.

" I can't believe me either. " I say to myself.

Someone walks in.

" No way in hell would I ever hope to see him again. " A girl laughs to someone. I look up.

shit.

" Morning Harold. " Sam says with a wave.

" Morning. " I say with a half smile.

" Hi Harry. " Lilly says. She's always happy. I don't even know how she does it.

" Hey Lilly. " I fake a smile.

" I need to get to work Lilly. Bye Harold. " He smiles and they walk down the hall hand in hand.

God I hope Austin doesn't see them at all. He'd flip a shit.

Speak of the devil.

" Styles where's Mr. Carson? " He growls under his breath.

" In his office you idiot. " I mutter.

" Whatever. " He walks to Mr. Carson's office.

Ugh. I wish he'd get over that already. It was Luke 6 days ago for God sakes!

: l o u i s :

" Now that we're on the road again let's not do any more hiking or anything like that. " I laugh.

" No I promise we won't! As long as we don't stop anywhere to swim. " He smiles.

" Oh believe me we won't. I think my clumsiness and your not being able to swim will keep us quite far from any lakes or pools. " I smile back.

We've driven about 300 miles already. It's a bit of progress being that it's only been around 6 hours or so.

I think it's nice to not have a destination, to not know where you're going. I mean we probably won't end up anywhere outside the country, but it's still nice to be able to just drive and talk and get to know Zayn.

" So where do you want to stop tonight. Have any hotels in mind? " Zayn asks.

" No. I have another idea. " I grin.

" Tell me! " He urges.

" No way! It'll be a surprise. "

" Ugh. " He groans from the back seat obviously annoyed.

" Come on. It'll be nice to have a surprise for once Zayn. " I sigh.

" Fine. Where is this surprise? " He makes quotation in the air when he says surprise.

" Drop the tone. " I laugh.

" Done. " He says in his deepest voice.

" That's not what I meant you idiot! " We laugh uncontrollably for a few minutes.

" I'm.. the.. idiot?" Zayn says through laughs as he rolls around the back seat..

He's just so adorable. How did I find him? Why me? I must be one nice person to deserve him.. sometimes I think it was a mistake that he's here with me now..

" We're here. " I laugh and pull into an empty parking lot.

" I don't see anything.. where I here? " He asks confused.

" Don't worry about it. All that matters in this is here. " I tell him opening the back of the cab and digging through Zayn's luggage until I find what I want.

Sleeping bags, a guitar, and some blankets.

" Come on! " I call over my shoulder to Zayn as I dash across the open field.

" Where the fuck are we going? " He yells from behind me. I choose not to answer.

My arms get heavy after a few minutes of running across the field carrying 2 sleeping bags and several pillows plus Zayn's guitar. Zayn notices my struggle and grabs the guitar and a blanket out of my hands.

" Slow.. down.. You're too.. fast.. " He says panting.

" I'm not too fast. You're just slow. " I laugh as I slow to a jog.

" You're so mean. " He catches up and elbows me in the ribs giggling.

We walk further. Until we can't see anything but rolling hills and a dense forest off in the distance.

I lay the sleeping bags down.

" I thought we promised each other. No more camping. " Zayn smiles.

" No one said no sleeping under the stars. " I say thinking back to the agreement we made earlier this morning.

" And I don't see any rivers, lakes, or pools. So I think that agreement is still intact. " I laugh.

We both lay down and stare up at the stars above our heads. It looked like New York at night. Millions of little lights so far away.

" I love you Lou. " Zayn whispers.

" I love you Zayn. " I whisper back.

I sit up and grab his guitar. I start to play one of the only songs I know how to play on the guitar. I don't even remember who taught me.

" Hey there Delilah what's it like in New York City? I'm a 1000 miles away but girl tonight you look so pretty yes you do To me Square can't shine as bright as you I swear it's true hey there Delilah don't you worry bout the distance I'm right here if you get lonely give this song another listen close your eyes listen to my voice it's my disguise I'm by your side oh it's what you do to me what you do to me Hey there Delilah I know times are getting hard but just believe me girl someday I'll pay the bills with this guitar we'll have it good we'll have this life we knew we would my word is good- "

I can't go on anymore. Tears come fast and I can't think so I just sit and cry. Zayn doesn't speak he just hugs me until I stop crying.

" I have to go home Zayn. "