St. Anthony's Hospital For The Mentally Ill

······      4      months     later      ······

: z a y n :

" Come on! You need to tell me something about you if you're going to stay in my house! " Perrie persists.

" I can't. " I tell her trying to close the door on her.

" Just a few things! Anything about you! " She pushes on the door so it doesn't close on her.

" Fine. " I say reluctantly. Letting her come in and gesturing for her to sit on the couch. She sits on the bed.

" Well there's Lou.. I mean Louis. Umm.. Louis is my ex-boyfriend and I loved him so much, but he wanted to go home to New York and told me I couldn't come with him and.. he left me out in that field after we had a fight.. " I gesture out the window to where a few miles away too far to see from here, there are 2 sleeping bags. Just the way we left them.

I'm not sure what more to say because I've just poured my heart out and I have nothing left.

" Oh I'm so sorry Zayn! That was horrible of him! " She pulls me into a tight hug.

" It's fine. " I push her away. Uncomfortable because of how close she is.

" No. No it's not. That was mean and nasty of him. " She glares at the floor.

" It doesn't matter how. He's gone and there's nothing I can do about it. " I get up and walk away so she doesn't see me cry.

" Zayn! " She calls from down the hall as I walk away.

" Leave me be. " I run to the bathroom and grab what I need and go out the bathroom window so Perrie doesn't notice. I head outside and walk to the shed out back behind her house and take the bottle out of my back pocket.

If he can't be here. I don't want to be here.

I take the first pill.

Unwanted.

Next pill.

Unloved.

Third pill.

Alone.

Fourth pill.

Denied.

Fifth pill.

Lost.

Sixth pill.

Dumb.

Seventh pill.

Nobody cares.

Eighth pill.

Gay.

Ninth pill.

Betrayed.

Tenth pill.

Misunderstood.

Eleventh pill.

Depressed.

The door slams open and I fall

" Zayn! What are you doing?! " Perrie screams grabbing the bottle of pill out of my hands and I let her.

" I'm done with this. "

**********

: l i l l y :

" Who is that yelling? " I ask the nurse who came into my room.

" Oh just another patient. He's yelling at another nurse I think. This one came from South Dakota. We have the best results here at St. Anthony's Hospital for the mentally ill. So he was brought here. " She brags.