Don't You Care

[ Dedicated to @Andreaisme for the perfect cover she made for me! I love it so much! (: ]

: l i l l y :

" So there's this dumb group meeting we have twice a week. We just sit around and share our feelings. " I say. It's the most annoying part of my day. Plus it takes up 3 hours of my time.

" Oh great. " Zayn sighs as we all down the hall to the main hall and into a room.

" How are you Lilly? " Says a counselor who's been assigned the job of dealing with us here at St. Anthony's.

" Just great. " I roll my eyes.

" Hello class. For those of you who don't know me. I'm Dr.Grenwich. " He smiles at the class as we sit down. No one here looks at all happy.

" I'd like to introduce someone. This is Zayn. " He motions for Zayn to go up to the front so Zayn walks up and stands next to him.

" Erm.. " Zayn mumbles probably wondering why he's up in the front.

" Tell us your name and something about you and something you enjoy. " Dr.Grenwich prompts.

" I'm Zayn Malik.. and I like to draw and.. " He stops.

" How about you tell us about your family. " Dr.Grenwich suggests.

" I don't really.. I don't have family.. I mean I was traveling.. with a friend and then I have Perrie, but that's not really family.. Just friends.. like Lilly I guess.. " He says unsure.

" That's nice that you have supportive friends like Lillian here. " Dr.Grenwich smiles at me.

" Yeah.. I guess it is.. " Zayn says going to come sit back down next to me.

" He's annoying. Ignore it. " I whisper to him as he sits down.

" Yeah. That was sorta odd. " He mumbles back. Playing with the hem of his shirt.

" Why didn't you tell them about Louis? " I ask.

" I would, but we're not together anymore and people would mock me like they always have. " He gets red in the ears.

I didn't know he was embarrassed about being gay..

" Who would like to come up here for the activity today? " Dr.Grenwich asks looking at me.

No one says anything.

" How about Lillian and Katie? You two are never participating in the activities. " He says pointing to Katie and me. Katie puts her head in her hands and sighs. She's very antisocial and contained.

" Fine. " I get up and go to stand next to Dr.Grenwich.

" Katie? " He asks looking at her.

" Coming. " She barely whispers getting up from her seat.

" So what do we have to do today Dr.G? " I ask.

" My name is Dr.Grenwich. Not Dr.G. " He says sternly.

" Yeah and my name is Lilly. Not Lillian. " I say back.

" Okay Lilly. We're going to get to know each other. Everyone is going to ask you and Katie questions and you'll answer as honestly as you can. Then we'll change it up and have some other people come up and everyone can ask them questions. " He explains.

" Sounds good Dr.Grenwich. " I say putting as much emphasis on his name as he did mine. The war has begun.

Chase raises his hand.