On The Road Again

: z a y n :

I wake to what sounds like beating wings above me. Slicing the air repeatedly. I sit up and stand I'm not able to walk, but now at least I can stand. I see Louis stir.

" What's that Louis? " I ask him.

" What's what? " He looks up and asks still drowsy.

" Go outside. " I say.

He grabs my hand and helps me outside.

" Woah. " I look up to see a helicopter hovering about a mile above us.

" We're fucking saved! " Louis yells.

" If you don't swear at them they're more likely to help us. " I laugh.

" How did they find us? " He asks ignoring my comment.

" I don't know. " Ask them. I say pointing to the people getting out of the helicopter that just landed across the river in an open field.

" Can you crops the river? " One yells across the rushing water.

" I think so. " Louis says as I grip his shoulder tightly and he steps into the frigid water.

I can walk now, but I still hold onto Louis.

Louis slips and cries out as he crashes down into the water. I try to help him up, but I fall too. We're both being pulled down by the current and all I can think about is if Louis is okay.

The people who had gotten off the helicopter ran over and pulled us out of the water and helped us onto the helicopter without so much as a word.

We're in the helicopter and Louis is sitting on my lap shivering from the cold.

I run my fingers through his wet hair.

" Shh. It's okay Louis. " I whisper as the helicopter takes off.

**********

: l i l l y :

I can't find a word to describe how worried I am now.

Maybe depressed is the best one I can find. I just don't know if he's okay or not. I just keep thinking 'What if?' then I just try to keep those thoughts away and just be positive, but I can't help it.

If I lost him my whole world would crumble.

My doorbell rings. Oh God. Not again.

" Lilly? " Sam.is outside my door once again.

" Sam, go home. " I say and start to walk over to the kitchen to eat something.

" Lilly I need to talk to you. " He says seriously.

" Well I do not want to talk with you right now Sam. "

" Let me in or I swear I'll knock the door down. " He says sternly.

" Go ahead. I don't care. Kidnap me. Kill me. I don't care. "

" I'm not going to fucking kill you. I love you. " He says the last part so quietly I can barely hear it. I hold back tears.

" I-I love y-you too Sam.. I just.. " A tear slips down my face.

" You need to trust me. Just let me in Lilly. " I run over and unlock the door and he embraces me and kisses me on the top of the head.

" I'm sorry I didn't trust you Sam. " I whisper.

" It's okay. It's okay. " He says wiping tears out from under my eyes.

We sit down on the couch.

" What did you want to talk about? " I ask.

" Just you and me.. and Louis. " He answers.

" Okay. " I say and turn to face him directly.

" Well Louis.. he I know is a good friend of yours, but I can't understand why he left you and I want you to explain why if he's your best friend that he can't come back for one day to see their hospitalized best friend. " He says with a blank look.

" It's just he was offered 50k to drive this guy anywhere he'd like. The reason he didn't come to see me is that I didn't tell him. "

" You didn't tell him? What?! Since when disingenuous tell Louis every thing? " Sam seems slightly shocked by this.

" Well I just didn't want him to worry or anything I guess. " I blush.

" He should be worried. You've locked yourself inside his house and you were almost beat to death. He sure as hell should be worried! " He almost yells the last sentence.

" Well I sure as hell ain't going to let him worry! " I yell and stand up.

" Where is Louis now? You said he'd always be there for you when you need him. Where is he now? " Sam almost growls.

" Get out.. Get out! " I yell at him and he stands to go.

" Just keep that in mind. " He says quietly.

" No. Leave me alone. " I yell as he leaves and slams the door behind him.

" No. No. No. He wouldn't just leave me like this. Louis wouldn't do this to me. " I'm in a heap on the floor and I cry until I can't cry anymore.

Sam doesn't love me. He wouldn't have left if he loved me. Now I'm truly alone. No one is left. No one that cares. What if Sam is right? What it Louis just left and doesn't care about me anymore?

**********

: l o u i s :

I must've fallen asleep because I'm awakened by voices and I'm off the ground. Swaying. I open my eyes to see I'm on a stretcher being carried into a hospital and Zayn is the first one to notice that I'm awake.

" How are you feeling. " He intertwines our finders as he holds my hand.

" C-cold. " I can barely hear myself utter.

" It's okay. You'll be okay. " He brushes some hair out of my eyes with his free hand.

" Where am I? "

" You need some stitches for your leg and you're very dehydrated. So right now you're in a hospital. " They pick me up and switch me from the stretcher onto a hospital bed and take me to the ER section of the hospital. Zayn has to let go of my hand, but before they take me away to get stitches, but Zayn leans in and kisses my forehead. Maybe just maybe Zayn loves me as much as I love him.

: z a y n :

I knew it was risky to kiss him and not know his reaction, but I had to. I wanted him to know it was okay and I was going to be right out here waiting when he came back. I didn't want him to worry at all about anything. In the end that kiss paid off. The last thing i saw before he was gone was his smile just as bright as it ever has been.

His phone rings first I think it's mine, but then I remember I have his phone with me.

" Hello? " I answer.

" Oh my God Louis? " Someone cries from the other line.

" No. No it's Zayn again. Louis is in the hospital and needs stitches. " I say trying to be calm.

" Oh God Zayn. Is he okay? What happened to him? " She asks frantically.

" Lilly. Calm down. He's perfectly fine. We got lost in the woods. That's all. We're okay. "

" Lost? That's crazy. Please don't let him get hurt any more. Zayn? Can you do that? " She cries.

" Yes. I can. "