Chapter 6

One month later

Lisa

After that day Amaree came round to see me ever so often. We developed a friendship that I didn't even see possible. We should have closed ten minutes ago but I was with Mari and Nini in the empty diner. Nini was in the back working the receipt so Mr. Dean can look through them Monday. I was so tired right now.

I couldn't believe Mari stayed with me today even though he annoyed the hell outta' me sometimes. I always wanted a guy that I was close friends with. Nia always said if I didn't stop making friends out of every guy I met I'd be lonely for the rest of my life, but I knew it was dangerous getting involved with Amaree and he did say he wasn't a committed type.

"Mari how old are you?" I asked sitting on one of the stools by the counter.

"Why the hell you so damn inquisitive?" He looked over at me from his space grey phone in his hand.

"You gone tell me or nah?" I screwed up my face.

"26."

"Damn, was that hard, I'm 24."

"Nobody asked you shit though." He was forever shutting my ass down. 

"Would you shut up! I just wanted to know."

"Your just like my lil' sister Jasmine."

"And that is?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"Curious as hell...always asking a nigga question even when your ass know the answer already."

"Whatever, you're overreacting." I smacked my lips.

"Fo'real a nigga had to ban her from saying the word 'why' cause she used to use it every two seconds."

"Mean ass." I playfully punched him on his arm not that he would feel it due to how buff it was. 

"Mari" I exhausted.

"What's up ma'?" He pulled me into his embrace wrapping his arms around me.

His lips scratched against my neck as his intoxicating cologne poisoned my nose driving me over the edge. The muscle t-shirt he had on wasn't helping due to his abs that engraved boldly through it.

"I'm tired" I pouted trying to restrain from biting my lips.
"Why don't you lock up and go home."

"But I have to wait another twenty minutes to complete my shift." I sighed.

"Get'cho friend and let's go." He demanded in a bass tone. If I stayed around this nigga any longer I would be leaving with a wet panty.

Pulling away from his grip I walked to the back and got Nia. After we locked up I walked him to his car while Nia waited in me.

"Where your phone at?" I asked laying my head on his shoulder as he sat on the back of his car.

"In my pocket." He shook his head. I went in his pocket and retrieved it.

"Put in your password." I pushed it up to his face.

"It's 2410 my sister's birthday."

"Awe." I entered the password and put my number in his phone.

"Stop with that shit."

"Call me or text me." I yawned. Yes, I was just giving him my number before we would just text on iMessage.

"Aight ma' bedtime for you." He kissed my forehead as he massaged my shoulders. Damn.

"Mhh." I moaned. "That feels so good."

"And I got something that will feel even greater." He whispered in my ear sending chills down my spine. This time I couldn't help but to grip my lower lip between my teeth as he leads me to the passenger seat of my car;

"Bye ma' later Nia." He said his goodbyes before we pulled out the parking lot.

"We going back to that club cause I need a man like that." Nia laughed.

"Am I stupid for having him be my friend and I just met him last night." I asked.

"No love, it's never wrong to make a friend overnight."

"He's a dangerous guy Nini."

"He can't be that bad."

"They came to the club to kill him because he killed people."

"Dayum."

"I'm so tired." I laid back in my seat.

"Your ass better not fall asleep in the car or else I'm a leave your ass in here."

I sighed sitting up in my seat. This bitch.

"Yeah that's right , this ain't Mari." she mocked me.

" she mocked me

Vote!

Comment!

Share!

Follow!

Diamond.