Chapter 5

Lisa

"My ass probably gon' get fired." I uttered as I walked out of my bathroom with my towel well wrapped around me, not even showing a tiny bit of cleavage after all he established I wasn't his type. Amaree had brought me back to my apartment and decided to stay with me. At the moment he was in my room.

"Haha! Tom is stupid as fuck." He snickered as he sat on my bed watching cartoon network. As soon as he recognized my presence, he reported, "Your friend called me while you were in the shower."

"What she say?" I quizzed and stood in the middle of the room, waiting for an answer.

"She asked where you were and I told her you were with me and safe and sound"

"She gon' kill me," I muttered as walked in my closet. For some reason, I didn't mind his presence even though I was naked underneath my towel. I felt so safe around Amaree and I don't know why.

"Damn right you is!" He jested with a smirk on his face. I threw on a white blouse with black skinnies and sandals after closing the door of the closet to block myself from him.

"Amaree, can you take me to work?" I begged and pouted for effect.

"Dont give me that face" He gave me a straight face. "Don't your ass have a ride?"

"Yes, but because you dragged my ass out the club my ride is with Nia so get up off your ass and take me to work." I countered and grabbed my hand bag walking out of the room.
"Your ass just got lucky I gotta' go meet my bro." He grumbled and walked out behind me.

"Amaree, what's your full name" I asked out of the blue

"Why you wanna know a nigga's government name?" He asked while he kept his eyes on the road.

"Come on, just tell me." I begged and turned in my seat to face him.

"If I tell you I have to kill you."

"I'm done dead being in this car with you and we both know it at this point ain't shit too lose." I said not caring anymore.

"Amaree Donte Johnson" He answered, keeping his eyes on the road still.

As soon as he said his name, the blood ran to my cheeks and I blushed. His name was as cute as his face when he pouted.

"Cute!" I squealed and did a series of tiny claps.

"Ayye stop with that shit you sound like my sister," He huffed.

"Whatever" I imitated.

"So you ain't gon' tell a nigga your name." He replied as he stopped at a stop light looking over at me with a smirk.