Chapter 53

"Ana, when are you coming back into classes, DADA is so boring without you." Francesca said, sitting at Ana's bedside. Ana had been in the medical ward for a week now, physically there was nothing wrong with her, but mentally everyone had noticed there was a slight change in her. Francesca has quickly dismissed the idea, Ana was her best friend, and she was just in a little shock.

"Yeah, I think that I'll be back tomorrow." Ana said. "Is there any homework I need to do?"

"Well, probably, but if I don't tell you, you don't have to do it." Francesca said. "Anyway, I have to go, I wanted to finally talk to my mum about everything that happened, but Teddy and Tyler were going to come see you later, and if you want I'll come back too after hours."

"I'd like that." Ana said, smiling and nodding. "Now go talk to her, and tell me what happens!

"Don't worry, I'll tell you.." Francesca said, winking over enthusiastically and skipping off. She had started skipping a lot, she felt that the more you skipped, the more you felt like a child, and the more you therefore forgot about your troubles.

She got up to her mothers quarters a knocked on the door softly, they hadn't really spoken except from in lessons, but the only about spells and the usual chatter that Bellatrix spoke with her students, about animals and why you should never set your parents robes on fire. Francesca never had set her mothers robes on fire, but Bellatrix had found great joy in burning her mothers dresses.

Bellatrix opened the door and let her daughter in, the older witch layed down on the sofa and looked up and her young daughter. "Cheska, do you remember last year, before you went to Hogwarts, and when I started going out in the evenings?"

"Yes, I do." Francesca replied. "I guess I didn't think much of it, I just got to see Hermione more when she would come over to watch me, and I really liked that."

"Well that's when I first met Hylo. To be completely honest, I hate the man, I hate his guts, he's disgusting and rude and really bad in be-"

"I don't want to know about that mum." Francesca said, putting her hands over her ears. "But if you hated him so much, why do you still see him?"

"Well, Hylo was part of this... cult, it was one that obsessed over the dark lord's powers, that, in a sense, missed it. They found a way to shift his power into a new body, the body of a young girl. I kept seeing him because he told me about these stuff, and you were always in the running, I just couldn't stand the thought of him making you like...him. But I don't think he did pick you." Bellatrix re-assured.

"Woah." Francesca said simply. "But if they didn't pick me, who did get picked?"

"I don't know, me and Hylo were talking about it when you and your friends interrupted us, and the second I realised you'd seen us I ended things with him, but I have the list of possibilities." Bellatrix said, taking a piece of paper out of her bra.

"Do you really have to keep everything you take with you in your bra?" Francesca asked, rolling her eyes.

"It's much easier than lugging everything around in a normal bag, plus I makes my girls look bigger." Bellatrix said casually, making Francesca fake gag. "It says Hallie, Maya, Mindy, Bluebell, Ana and you." She read out.

"Well it could be any of them." Francesca said. "And I can't just go round asking, it's not like they are going to be like, 'Oh yeah, I'm the next Voldemort', and then get on with their day. To be honest, really, it could be me and you just don't know it."

"Thank you that's very re-assuring." Bellatrix said sarcastically. "But I know it's not you, because you have my eyes, and when I went all mean and evil, weirdly, my eyes went green, and then they went back. And your eyes aren't even a smidge green."

"I don't think that's how science works." Francesca said. "But I get your point. You know you can see other guys, it doesn't bother me."

"It bothers me." Bellatrix said. "I married your father when I was nineteen, but I only realised that I loved him when I was pregnant with Hermione. Then, when we got sent to Azkaban he was in the cell next to me, and even though I never saw his face, I grew to love him more every single day, I thought I'd never get out of there, he was my everything. And then he just vanished. I never wanted to know what happened to him, it was just too hard for me, but now I know what I want. I want to find him, if your okay with that of course." She said.

"I understand, and I guess I've always been curious about him, so I'd talk to Hermione first, but I think you should find him." Francesca said, sitting down next to her mother.

"Do you want some toffee?" Bellatrix asked, pulling the wrapped candy out of her bra. "It's been there for like a week and I really don't want to eat it myself."

"No thanks, I'd rather steer clear of your bra food." Francesca said, standing up again. "I'm gonna go see Ana, but I'll talk to you later."

Bellatrix nodded and let Francesca leave the room, when it hit her. They had picked Ana, that's what had happened last week, it wasn't a medical phenomenon, it was a possession. Anastasia wasn't Bellatrix's favourite of Chessie's friends, she particularly had taken a liking to Alex, but she knew how close Ana and her daughter had come to be, and how much influence the possessed Hufflepuff would have on Bellatrix's daughter. She had no idea how to deal with possession, she had never seen it first hand before, but she knew someone who knew everything about everything.

She wrote a letter to a Mrs Hermione Lestrange (She had married Ron but decided not to take his name), and Hermione had agreed to come to Hogwarts as temporary 'teaching assistance', but Bella, Hermione and McGonagall had made other plans, plans concerning the safety of the real Anastasia Ridgewater.