Chapter 43

Francesca was sitting in the Hufflepuff common room, she was sitting with Anastasia, they were eating chocolate frogs.

"Can we split the last one?" Francesca asked.

"Yeah, sure," Anastasia said smiling. Anastasia picked up the frog, but it jumped strait out of her hand.

"Great job Ana." Francesca laughed.

Anastasia followed the frog around the room, until a boy with blue hair caught it. He handed it back to them.

"Hey, here's your frog." He said.

"Thanks!" Anastasia said. "I'm sorry, you want some? I'm Anastasia by the way, call me Ana,"

"Teddy." The boy said, offering his hand out. "Teddy Lupin, don't judge my hair, I'm a metaphophagus," he smiled.

Francesca looked over, and looked at Teddy. "I've seen you before...haven't we got potions together?"

"Yeah," Teddy smiled. "I'm not very good at it though, I keep messing it up,"

Francesca shrugged. "You wanna go to the black lake, me and Ana were gonna meet some friends down there in a few minutes,"

"Sure!" Teddy said. "I don't really have any friends yet,"

"Well you do now!" Ana said, taking his hand. "Now come on, let's go!"

They walked out of the Hufflepuff common room, and into the corridor. "I literally hate the new-" Ana started, before bumping into the defence against the dark arts teacher, Professor Hankin.

"Miss Ridgewater, watch were you are going!" He snapped, before Anastasia walked off silently trying not to laugh.

"What a stupid old bat!" She whispered to Teddy and Francesca, who both giggled. That Professor hated Anastasia in particular, no one really knew why, it was just immediate hatred for each other.

They walked down to the black lake to meet Finn, Tyler, who was a Ravenclaw, and a girl called Alex from Slytherin. Francesca hadn't really spoken to Alex much, but she seemed nice enough.

"Hey Cheska!" Finn called, hugging his long time best friend.

He looked at Anastasia. "Anastasia." He said blankly.

"Finley." She said equally blankly. Finn and Anastasia didn't really get along, he though she was trouble, and she thought he was petty.

The group of six sat in a circle, most of them didn't know each other very well, so they thought it best to get to know each other.

"I'll go first." Anastasia said, in her usual posh voice. "My name is Anastasia Amelie Ridgewater, I am half blood, my favourite colour is yellow, like Hufflepuff!" She said cheerily, making Finn roll his eyes. She scowled at him. "Well if your so keen, you should have a go, Finley.." She sneered.

"Well first, my name is Finn, not Finley," he said, glaring at Anastasia. "My names Finn Abbott, pure blood, like it even matters though. I'm a Gryffindor, you can probably already tell that though, and someone..." He said. "In Hufflepuff really doesn't like me.

Anastasia rolled her eyes. "Teddy, you go."

Teddy cleared his throat. "I'm Teddy, I'm a metamorphogus, I really like wolves and am in Hufflepuff." He said bravely.

"Your Remus Lupins son, aren't you." Alex said, the Slytherin speaking up for the first time.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" Teddy asked.

Alex shrugged. "Just a guess."

"What about you, I've never met you before?" Teddy asked.

Anastasia looked over at Francesca and went up to her ear. "They're gonna be a couple, mark my words," she whispered.

"Well, my name's Alexis, but I hate it, so people call me Alex," she said. "I'm a Slytherin, I don't really know why to be honest, and I've never really had any friends before." Alex was very average looking, she had brown hair, it was quite long, thick and a bit wavy. She had blue eyes, she was quite small, but taller than Francesca, Francesca was especially small.

Francesca smiled, and looked over at Tyler who was playing with his glasses. "Tyler are you okay?" She asked kindly.

"Yeah..umm..I'm fine.." Tyler said. "My..uh..my name is Tyler Tanaka, ...I moved here from Japan when I was..ugh..three...and I'm a Ravenclaw..." He said shyly.

"That's so cool.." Finn said. "I've always wanted to go to Japan, what's it like?"

"It's like..um, well...Japan..?" Tyler tried to explain.

Finn nodded slowly. "Sounds...fun..?"

Tyler bit his lip. "It's pretty cool."

"We are all going to be best friends." Anastasia smiled. "I can see it now."

Francesca nodded. She loved it, her own little group. Maybe Finn and Ana didn't get on, but if they both liked her they'd learn to get along. She was going to like it here. Hogwarts was her new home.