chapter 14 *final chapter*

Niall sighed, walking into Louis’ house alone. He wasn’t used to being there without Louis, and that kind of made him feel awkward. Despite that, he made himself at home, heading straight into the kitchen.

He walked into the kitchen, laughing to himself. There was left a mess on the kitchen counter; a jar of nutella and a banana peal. Lottie had left a note beside it, reading; Thanks for the mess, dork!

Niall rolled his eyes, opening up the nutella and sticking his finger in it. As he licked his finger clean, he noticed he had dropped some across his jeans. He groaned, slowly making his way to Louis’ room.

He pulled his shirt off, his jeans following. He stood, staring into Louis’ closet, looking for something to wear. He pulled out a flannel, not bothering to button it up.

He walked back out to the kitchen and to the small laundry room off of it, bending down on a search for some sweatpants. As he looked, he heard the front door open.

"Well that was quick." Niall said still looking into the dryer.

"Think you’ve got the wrong person." Lottie’s voice filled the house. 

Niall stood up, his cheeks red. He glanced down his body, noticing he was only wearing his boxers and an unbuttoned flannel. He blushed deeper, “Uh, sorry, I, uh. I needed-“

Lottie rolled her eyes, “It’s fine, really. Louis’ never wearing pants so I’m used to it.” She poured herself a glass of milk, sitting at the table. Niall sat down across from her, “So I heard about you two getting caught.” She gulped.

"So Louis told you everything?"

"He tells me everything about anything, whether I wanna know or not." They shared a smiled before she added, "He’s at the police station and I’m scared now."

"Hey, don’t be scared. We of all people should know Louis can win any argument." Lottie nodded, a small smile creeping onto her lips, "Louis’ going to make it through this, on the top."

Lottie nodded again but Niall could tell her lip was quivering. He got up and pulled a chair beside her, grabbing her hands. She breathed a few times before speaking, “What if he does get arrested? Then what? I can’t live on my own and I don’t want to go back with my parents.” A tear ran down her cheek and she wiped it away with her hand.

"He’s not going to get arrested. Louis’ not going to let that happen to you."

"He’s not home now, what if it already happened?"

"He’d call. They’d give him one phone call and he knows we are both here and he’d call us."

"But-"

"Hey, Lou’s gunna come back for us. I promise." Niall’s stomach churned; he felt like he was lying.

She nodded, then after awhile laughed slightly, “Does he let you call him Lou?”

Niall shrugged, “Yeah, he hasn’t said anything about it.”

She laughed, “I had a faze where I’d call him that and he hated it. He must really love you.”

Niall bit his lip, trying hard not to smile as he blushed. The front door opened behind them, and they turned around to see Louis coming in.

"Louis!" Lottie jumped up, running to him. She hugged around his middle and he messed up her hair.

"Lottie, I’m fine. I promise." She pulled back, sighing but smiling up at him. Louis saw Niall grinning at his table and looked back down at Lottie, "Will you hang in your room a bit? I’m gunna talk with Niall." She nodded, grabbing her bag and heading down the hall.