chapter 8

"And it wasn’t even like I was talking loudly." Harry complained as they headed to his locker.

"She’s a bitch, no one likes her." Niall added in making Zayn laugh. 

"I’m just glade she didn’t give me detention, there would be nothing worse than math, Mrs. Blake and an hour in her room to bundle it all together." 

"Yeah I’m glade she didn’t give you detention either because knowing your mom she’d ground you again." Zayn joking, making Harry roll his eyes. 

"Be nice." Liam walked up behind Zayn, wrapping his arms around his waist and kissing his jaw softly. 

"I was." Zayn grinned, leaning back into Liam’s embrace. 

"Do you, uh, wanna walk to lunch with me?" Niall asked quietly.

Liam gulped, biting his lip and looking down, not realizing Niall was there. He pulled off of Zayn, standing up straighter. “I guess.” 

Niall face lit up with that unexpected response. Liam kissed Zayn goodbye before walking down the hall with Niall. They were silent the whole walk there, while they got food and until they were sat down. 

"So are you still mad at me?" Niall let out.

"I don’t know." Liam shrugged, looking down to avoid eye contact.

"I’m sorry I punched you. I really am, and I really didn’t mean to hit you that hard let alone at all." 

Liam smirked, “You really didn’t hit me that hard, I was only bleeding because I bashed it into Zayn’s shoulder.” 

"Oh." Niall tried to laugh but it turned out more awkward than anything.

Liam sighed. “It’s really hard being mad at you, Niall. You’re too fun to be around, even if you did piss me off.” 

"Yeah, I really don’t deserve for you to except my apology to be honest." 

"You know, me and Zayn got into a fight last night because of this." 

"What? Really?" 

"Yeah, he told me I was being stubborn and needed to see where you’re coming from. But Niall I don’t think I’ll ever know where you’re coming from and I’m sorry. I can’t comprehend what it must be like to have to hide a relationship when all you want to do is love them." 

"You guys didn’t need to get into a fight over me." Niall let out quietly.

"Niall it’s fine, really it wasn’t a big deal. I just ask you one thing."

"Okay?"

"Next time you want to kiss your boyfriend and you’re frustrated, don’t punch me." 

Niall laughed, “Yeah, I think I can handle that.” 

********

"Louis?" Niall called from where he was laying on Louis’ couch. 

"D’you call me?" Louis said from the kitchen where he was doing dishes.

Niall got up, walking into the kitchen and sitting on the counter beside Louis. “Why do I have a D in your class?” Niall asked, concerned.

"Well I mean, you wanted the D." Louis smirked up at him, seeing Niall wasn’t amused.

"Seriously Louis I can’t fail my Art class if I want to major in photography!" 

"I didn’t give you a D, you earned the D." Louis shrugged.

"Well, can’t I just earn an A?"

Louis shut off the water, turning so he was facing Niall and put his wet hand on his hip. “Niall, just because I’m your boyfriend doesn’t mean I can just give you whatever grade you want. I am your teacher too.”