chapter 7

Niall sighed, chewed on the last bite of toast whilce he put his shoes on. He got up and grabbed his car keys, heading for the door.

"Niall, why are you leaving so early?"

Niall scrunched up his face thinking of an excuse to tell his mom. “I gotta talk to a teacher before class.” He leaned over kissing his mom’s cheek before leaving the house.

When Niall got to school, he went straight to Mr. Tomlinson’s room. He knocked lightly on the door as he walked through. 

"Hey, can we talk?" Niall gulped.

Mr. Tomlinson sighed, leaning back in his chair. “I guess.” 

Niall walked as he talked until he reached Mr. Tomlinson’s desk. “I want to apologize for bitching at you and giving you attitude.” Niall bit his lip afterwards.

"Yeah, sure gave me a lot of that." 

Niall sighed, “I’m sorry.”

Mr. Tomlinson motioned for him to come around his desk towards him. “You know what, it’s okay.” Niall looked at him confused. “I know you were having some issues and you were angry and I was just egging it on. I’m sorry.”

Niall smirked, “Louis you didn’t do anything wrong. That’s why I came to apologize.” 

Mr. Tomlinson smiled, grabbing Niall’s hand and squeezing lightly before letting go. He starred up at Niall, who was biting his lip gently. He inhaled deeply, wanting to kiss Niall but there were already kids entering the room for their first block.

"You and your friends alright?" Mr. Tomlinson asked.

Niall shrugged, “I don’t know, I haven’t talked to any of them except Harry.” 

"Well you better work it out, I know you all were really close." 

"Yeah." Niall said looking down.

"Hey." Mr. Tomlinson put his hand on Niall’s shoulder. "It’ll be alright." Niall nodded, smiling slightly as the warning bell rung. "You better get to class." 

Niall nodded again, pulling his bag onto his shoulder better. “Oh, and come here at the end of the day. I wanna talk to you.”

Niall starred at him for awhile. “Okay..” He let out slowly with a smile before turning and walking out of the room.

********

"Hey." Niall walked into Mr. Tomlinson’s empty classroom. 

"Hi, Babe." 

Niall blushed, walking over to Louis’ desk, leaning down and kissing him softly. “You said you wanted to talk?” Niall leaned back against the cabinets.

"No, I want you to come home with me." 

"Okay." Niall smiled.

Louis threw his keys across to Niall. “I’ll meet you there in five minutes.” 

********

Niall followed Louis into his flat, where they kicked off their shoes and Niall dropped his school bag. 

"I’m going to go change, you’re welcome to anything in the kitchen." He smirked before walking off down the hallway to his room. 

Niall opened up the fridge, only to find nothing of his interest. He moved on to the cabinets, first to find dishes, then some snacky foods. He grabbed two chocolate chip cookies, sticking one in his mouth whole, then opening up the next cabinet.