chapter 3

Niall walked into class on time, making his way to his seat before the bell rung. He sat watching Harry stare at his desk with curiosity but Mr. Tomlinson began speaking before he could ask him what was wrong.

“Okay, we’re just going to have a free day today. If you’re done with your projects turn them in on the front table. You have until the end of class to finish them if they are not done. I’ll be checking keeping your journals to grade over the weekend so be productive today.” 

Harry rose his head as Mr. Tomlinson made his way to his desk. He stopped by Harry’s desk asking what he needed.

“Can I have something to clean off this desk?” Niall’s eyes grew and both him and Zayn kicked him under the desk. 

“Why, what’s wrong with your desk?” Mr. Tomlinson asked.

“I killed a bug on it and the guts are on the desk.” Harry let out awkwardly, starring up at Mr. Tomlinson.

“There are wet wipes in the cabinet back there.” Mr. Tomlinson pointed to the back of the room before making his way over to his desk again.

“Way to go asshole.” Niall let out, finally breathing again.

“Sorry.” Harry shrugged, standing up.

“No Harry, you can’t just let it slip.” Niall spoke with worry.

Harry leaning in to Niall. “I’m not going to, I just don’t know what touched this desk.” Harry then walked off towards the cabinet.

“I swear if he lets this out somehow he won’t see the day of light. That will be it.” Niall said seriously. 

Liam looked from Zayn to Niall. “No offense to him but I’d help you. I don’t think he understands how serious this is.” 

“I do too!” Harry hit Liam in the back off the head with a wipe. “Wow, I know you all love me but talking behind my back is a little low, even for you guys.” 

“I’m just scared Harry. Look at him, he’s going through hell and it’s all because of me.” 

“Niall, it’s probably not because of you, being a teacher can be very stressful.” Zayn tried to encourage. 

Niall starred at Mr. Tomlinson. He ran his hand through his hair, leaning back in his chair sighing. He caught glimpse of Niall and their eyes locked for a while before Mr. Tomlinson looked away. 

“I’ve ruined his life. If I wouldn’t have told him he was cute none of this would have happened.” 

“Nothings happened but you know that. I think you’re being a little over dramatic don’t you think?” Harry asked.

“Not really. I can tell he’s hurt and I can’t help but think it’s me. Why did I have to have feelings for him?” Niall threw his head down on the desk.

“Well at least you know he’s got feelings for you now too.” Liam tried to sooth.

Niall shot his head up. “Or he was really horny and knew I’d do it with him. Or he just thought I was attractive and it was the heat of the moment. Just because you have sex with someone doesn’t mean you have feelings for them.”

“Maybe you should talk to him.” Zayn added in.

“Wow I didn’t say that before now did I?” Harry rolled his eyes. 

“Yeah well that was before the did it okay?” Zayn retaliated. “But yeah go talk to him after school, we can wait in the parking lot for you.”

“I don’t know, that might just make it worse.”

“It’ll at least clear things up.” Liam joined in.

********

“How long until you’re not grounded, Haz?” Liam asked.

“Twenty two more days.” They all groaned. “You think it’s hard. Try not having a phone, computer, video games, TV or any contact with anyone your age except for at school.”

“Harry, please never talk to girls ever again.” Zayn threw an arm around his shoulder. 

“So do we wanna come over and play video at my house than?” Niall ignored the fact that Harry couldn’t come over. 

“You’re going to go talk to Mr. Tomlinson.” Zayn and Harry stopped and turned around so that Niall couldn’t walk any further down the hallway. 

“No, don’t make me. It’s going to be so awkward.” Niall whined. 

“Trust me, you’ll be glade you did.” Harry and Zayn grabbed both of Niall’s arms, dragging him down the hallway. Liam pushed on his back as he began struggling.

“Guys please!” Niall begged but he could see Mr. Tomlinson’s door approaching. “Okay. I’ll do it. Just get off.” 

They stopped dragging him but still held onto him as if they were unsure. Niall pulled out of the grip and began walking towards Mr. Tomlinson’s door. He gulped when he saw him sitting at his desk, his head laying down on a stack of papers.

“M-Mr. Tomlinson?” Niall choked out. Mr. Tomlinson’s head lifted up and he looked down at his papers. 

“I’m a little busy, Niall.” He said flatly. 

Niall swallowed, continuing to walk into his room anyways. “i’m sorry, this is my fault.” 

Mr. Tomlinson looked up and starred at Niall, who stood in front of his desk. 

Mr. Tomlinson looked back down at his papers and began stacking them. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“You know damn well what I’m talking about.” Niall got a little angry. Mr. Tomlinson looked back up at Niall.

“Watch your mouth.” 

“You can’t ignore what happened so you might as well talk about it.” 

Mr. Tomlinson got up and packed folders of projects into his bag on the nearest table. Niall walked up beside him and sat on the desk. 

“I made a mistake, Niall. I got both of us involved in something bad.” 

“I’m just as guilty, Mr. Tomlinson.” 

“No, I’m the adult here, I should have controlled myself.”

“I kissed you.” Niall said quietly. Mr. Tomlinson shook his head. “Why did you kiss me back?” 

“I don’t know. I’ve had feelings growing for you for awhile and I knew it was wrong but we were alone and you had called me cute and you’re so cute I just couldn’t help it.” 

Niall blushed a little. “Wait actual feelings? Like it wasn’t just for the sex?” Niall let out on accident. He gulped.

Mr.Tomlinson looked over at him. “No, Niall, i actually like you a lot, that’s what’s so scary.” 

“I've been stressing you out haven't I?” Niall asked slowly.

“Yeah.” He sighed.

“I’m sorry.” Niall slowly tuned out. Mr. Tomlinson stared at Niall, watching him began to speak but then he stopped before the words came out.

“What?” Mr. Tomlinson turned to Niall completely. 

“I just was curious if there’s ever going to be anything between us, ever.” 

“I don’t know, Niall. I wish, but it’s just so risky.”

“It could work.” Niall let out almost too interested. Mr. Tomlinson laughed.

“I don’t want to get caught and get you involved in something you don't deserve.” 

“No one will know. If we don’t tell anyone who’s going to find out?” Niall tried. Mr. Tomlinson smiled, leaning in and kissing Niall softly. 

“Maybe.” He said once he pulled back. Niall smiled up at him, biting his lip.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, Mr. Tomlinson.” Niall smirked and Mr. Tomlinson leaned back down and kissed him deeper, his hands holding onto his hips. Niall pulled back again. “We’ll make this work. Okay?” 

Mr. Tomlinson smiled. “Okay. I trust you.”