13. The Island of Unrequited Love

It had been 13 days since Kristi and I left the island.

    My 13 days consisted of wedding planning with Kristi, working on my lesson plans for my chemistry class, and drinking wine in my room flipping through novels (eventually throwing them across the room because all of the romance novels i've read are lies.)

    I still lived with my parents but only because I needed to focus on college and I couldn't afford an apartment. My parents were well off but not as wealthy as Kristi. I was planning on cancelling my 2nd trip with Kristi but our trip had completely changed course over the last week. With Will getting time off, he decided to go with us to the island, but that only intrigued my parents to follow suit and meet Kristi's family two months before their wedding.

   With Kristi's excitement of her own life coming together, she had spontaneously showed up at my parents townhouse in the city. Her black escalade parked on the street with her driver waiting for his next instructions. Seeing this made me realize just how wealthy she was.

When I opened my front door, wearing an old pair of skinny jeans, a button up and a pair of wedges, she clapped her hands together like always and announced what she had planned for us.

"We're going shopping!"
I shook my head but with a smile.

"Hello to you too...and what makes you think I can go shopling?" I laughed.

"Are you busy?" She said peering over her Prada glasses.

"No, not really." I shrugged leaning in against the doorway.

"Well then, why can't you go?"

Laughing again, "Well I'd say yes, let's go shopping, however my bank account says that If I go I'll be on the streets with many overdraft fees."
Shaking her head yet again.

"My dear, when I say we are going shopping, I never intend for you to pay for it. In fact you'd be helping me by letting me buy you some pretty dresses and camping and hiking outfits for the wedding. Maybe even some new swim suits, some langerie, just in case you and Christopher, or Reed, or Troy, or Ben end up drunk..."

"Kristi!"

"I'm joking! I know you'd never actually do that." She laughed.
The guilt sunk in again. Damn it!

"Please! Just let me buy you some clothes, its theraputic for me...I feel like a professional stylist on that TLC show!"
I took a deep breath.

Effort.

Kristi bought me various arrays of sun dresses, formal dresses, dinner dresses, hiking attire, hiking boots, heels, sandals, sweaters, and yes some lingerie. We ended our trip to the a very expensive dress store where I got fitted for my bridesmaids dress. Yup! A bridesmaids dress.

Am I a terrible person?

A/N:

I know this is short but its meant to show just how Allison is feeling about everything.

Hope you enjoyed.

Lots of love

-Annelie Leddy