Chapter 25:

Ivy
******

"I'm so glad there ain't no more trashy hoes working here." I said coming back to the front of the restaurant after clocking in.

"Me too." Mrs. Miller, our restaurant grandma said.

"And don't think I didn't hear about you finally punching one of them hoes in the face back after y'all were being ratchet in my damn restaurant." Ms. Angie said.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I said sending her a smirk.

"Tink, why you ain't bring me that baby. I wanna see her." Grandma said.

"You gonna be here tomorrow? I'ma bring her for a little bit because everybody has been asking about her. You and Ms. Angie the only ones allowed to touch my baby." I said and grandma laughed. "I'm serious."

"Oh I know you are." Grandma said.

"Who keeping Mya for you today?" Ms. Angie asked.

"Mike's mom. Noah's over there for the weekend and she agreed to keep Mya too while I'm at work."

"Cierra really wants to continue to keep her for me, but I'm like you just had a newborn, you need to rest you are gonna be tired enough. She don't need my busy baby making her twice as tired."

"Yeah, that's true that's nice of his mom." Ms. Angie said.

"Right."

"So what's new?" Grandma asked me. "How's your love life? You back with Jigz right?"

"Yup, it's going okay considering everything."

"Angie why you make that face?" Grandma asked making me look over at Ms. Angie.

She just shook her head not saying anything.

"Ms. Angie doesn't exactly approve, but she hasn't said anything direct about it either." I said.

"No, I told you I don't think it's a good idea. Getting back together while he's in jail? Not the right time especially when y'all got a lot of shit going against y'all. This can either make or break y'all."

"I love him, Ms. Angie."

"I know you do, Tink, and he loves you. I'm not denying that. I just wish you would have took more caution, I don't wanna see you hurt again. You've been hurt too much. So he better not fuck it up."

I nodded listening to her worries. There are always gonna be worries from my love ones, from even me and Jigz, but I feel it's all about how you get through those worries.

After working my shift it was time to go get my baby.

"Ms. Angie, can I place my business cards in here?" I asked her.

"You don't even gotta ask." She said flagging me off.

I placed a big one on the bulletin board near the entrance and I put a bunch of the regular size ones where people come to pay before leaving.

I'm really taking this photographer thing serious. I now have business cards, I created a business email, an Instagram that only has four pictures to start, now I need to eventually start working on a website hopefully I can find somebody good at that to help me.

"How was she?" I asked Ms. Kim, Mike's mom.

"Good. After that crying fit when you first left she was good. She been crawling around following Noah wherever he went. Then someone gets jealous whenever I would hold her so he started to show off telling Mya to stop following him."