Chapter 5:

Ivy
******

"Are you making some food for me?" I ask following Ms. Angie into her kitchen smelling and seeing she was making breakfast.

"Yes, you can have some. Aren't you gonna be late for school?" She asked going to flip the bacon.

"I'll make it. I ain't gonna miss nothing important first period. Where Chance at?" I ask about her son.

"Just left with his dad, you know he has school too."

"Oop, does that mean you got some good good when he came through?" I asked side eyeing her.

"He got some good good." She said flipping her hair making me laugh.

I stole a piece of bacon and of course I received a death stare as I smiled at her.

I decided to come over here to see her and just talk like usual before going to school.

"How old is this Jiggy boy again?" Ms. Angie asked me about Jigz.

"Jiggy tho?" I said laughing. "20."

"Mmm."

"Why you keep giving me the side eye asking questions?" I ask laughing.

After the boxing situation at the gym with Jigz we've got closer over the past month. We've become a thing. I'm just letting things happen naturally.

"Because I gotta question who is trying to get with my Tink."

"It might not even go there."

"Oh it's already there. Did y'all have sex?" She turned around from the stove looking right at me narrowing her eyes.

"No." She stared at me for awhile before saying her famous mhmm.

"You better make sure that boy can even get it up after the life he use to live." Of course her no filter self would say that.

"Oh, he can." I said.

"Oh so y'all was doing the nasty."

"No," I said laughing. "I just know."

"How?"

"I just know. I was at his place and we were playing around and I felt it."

"How were y'all playing around that you felt it?"

"Ms. Angie." I said laughing wanting her to stop.

"You don't gotta lie to me girl. If y'all did the deed, y'all did it."

"We honestly didn't tho. It didn't go pass kissing."

"Okay. Monica met him?"

"Yeah. It wasn't planned or even formal though. He showed up Saturday bringing me breakfast the same time she was leaving the house and I introduced them."

"So does she like him?"

"Um, I don't know. It was only a quick thing, she was in a rush running late for work."

"She don't know the extra things about him tho right?"

"No and I don't know if I ever plan on even telling her about that part of his past."

"So what about the hoe? She know you and her brother a thing?"

"I don't know and I don't care. I damn sure ain't telling her because I don't fool with her. Whether he tells her or not I'm sure she'll find out eventually, people talk."