Chapter 8:

Ivy
******

"Ew, I don't know why your sicky ass is even in my office." Ms. Angie said flagging me off.

"Don't treat me like that." I said sitting down on the couch in her office.

"Ooh, ya voice girl." She said scrunching up her face.

"I know I sound horrible." I said. "This is what I get for trying to be a good girlfriend while Jayon was a big baby sick up under me."

"Go get you some medicine and take your ass home."

"Ms. Monica got medicine at home for me. I'm waiting for Jayon to come pick me up, I don't feel good enough to drive myself back home." I said curling up on the couch under her blanket.

"Now I'ma have to disinfect my whole damn office." She said.

"I don't blame you." I said.

"Here drink this." She said bringing me a cup of orange juice and a bottle of water. "I'll be right back."

"Do you want me to have Matt make you some chicken soup before we open up?" Ms. Angie asked walking back into the room.

"Okay, ew." She said since I throw up as she walked into the room.

"I'm so sorry." I said disgusted at myself. "The orange juice made my stomach turn."

"Okay, maybe stick to just the bottle of water."

"You sure you only sick?" She asked.

"Yeah, what else would I be."

She shrugged, "If you don't know, I don't know."

"What are you talking about woman?" I said confused right before I sneezed.

"Okay, Jigz gotta hurry the hell up and get you out of my restaurant." She said handing me the box of tissues from her desk.

"Your ass needs to be laying down." Ms. Monica said feeling on my forehead and cheeks.

"I know, I'm about to take the medicine you got and curl up on the couch and take a nap."

"Where Jayon? Surprised he's not here with you."

"He went on a store run for me." I said taking the medicine she handed to me.

"Ugh, disgusting." I said before downing water to wash the taste out of my mouth.

"Disgusting, but it'll help."

"Are you going to work?" I ask.

"Yes."

"What girl?" She asked because of the face I gave her. "I'm only going in for a half a day relax."

"Okay, that's better I guess. Take ya medications." I said.

"Why you swear you my momma?"