Chapter Thirty - 65th Birthday Bash

"What do you think I should wear, my love?" I asked Julian as I raised two dresses in my hands; one nude colored long sleeve dress that had an open back with a slit up the front and another black and white floral strapless dress with a small slit up the front as well.

Julian was lying on my bed, looking handsome in his black tux, with his hands behind his head as he looked at me. We were going to his dad's 65th birthday bash that his wife was throwing him.

"That one" He nodded with his head.

I raised the black and white floral, strapless dress. "This?" I asked him and he nodded.

"Great minds think alike." I commented with a grin.

"Great indeed" He said as he stood up from the bed and reached me in two long strides. He wrapped his arms around my waist and started raining kisses down my neck.

"Julian." I giggled. "I need to get dressed." I said half heartedly as I leaned my head to the other side to give him more access.

"Who cares about my dad?" He mumbled against my skin. "He's sixty five; he's had too many birthdays." He said then continued kissing me.

"Julian!" I gasped. "He's your father."

He groaned and pulled back. "Why do you have to ruin this moment? I'm turned off now." He pouted and lay back down on the bed. I raised an eyebrow at him and he looked at me with a grin. "What?"

"Out!" I pointed at the door.

"Why? I'm pretty comfortable right here." He said as he placed his hands on his stomach. I gave him a stern look and he hesitantly stood up then walked towards me. "I'm seeing this," he whispered in my ear as he ran his hands down my body "In less than a month." He grinned and kissed my cheek then walked out of my room.

Ever since that incident at the cemetery, Julian and I had been closer than ever. We didn't do anything more than kissing or cuddling though. I wasn't ready. I was no virgin, of course, but I wanted to wait till after we got married.

I stripped off my pajamas and put on the dress then slipped on some black heels and looked at the mirror. My hair and makeup were already done so I just grabbed my purse and walked out to the living room.

I found the kids, who were all dressed up and ready as well, watching TV with Julian. Julian was the first to notice me, probably from the noise my heels were making. He stood up and walked over to me and held my hand.

"You look beautiful. No, more than beautiful. You look stunning." He whispered.

Color rose to my cheek and I gave him a shy smile. "Thank you."

Julian held my hand and rested our intertwined hands in my lap as he drove us to his parents' house. I looked back at the kids who were talking and playing with each other then looked back at Julian who had a small smile on his face, but wasn't looking at me as he was looking at the road ahead.

A little while later, we arrived at his parents' house. There were so many cars in the driveway; I figured the party had already started. We stepped out of the car, and Julian handed his car keys to one of the valet parking guys. I held Lily Rose's hand as we walked to the door, while Julian held on to Adam's hand. He rang the doorbell then gave me a heartwarming smile. The door suddenly opened and the maid greeted us before ushering us out to the garden where the party was held.

"Wow!" I commented as we stepped into the garden.

"Yeah" Julian commented. "My mom goes all out with parties. She's really good at this though." He said.

"Yes." I agreed honestly.

"Rosie!" I heard an excited voice and saw Magnolia running towards us, well as much as her high heels would let her. "I miss you." She said as she pulled me into a hug then bent down and pulled the kids into a hug as well.