3 Years Later Chapter 5

3 years later

Chapter 5

Eva's POV

I swallowed down my food, trying hard not choke even more, looking straight into John's eyes. There was a look of curiosity, and a knowing look.....SHIT knowing about what? What does he know about? I look my cup filled of orange juice and downed it, to get my throat clear still looking into Johns eyes.

"Well, I had..... a lot of work to do and was really busy..... I couldn't afford to waste time" I stuttered, I saw that the curiosity in Johns eyes didn't disappear instead it became more intense! CRAP! what am I going to do....just don't look in his eyes my voice said... huh that clever voice, and I did just that. I looked around the table making eye contact with everyone except John;

"And my boss, wouldn't give me a holiday, he said I was taking too many days off, but I am guessing my parents have already told you guys about why i couldn't make it" I said looking at Suzan and Danny.

They just smiled and made sounds of agreement, then Suzan cleared her voice and asked;

"So where do you work Eva"

"Oh I work at.." I didn't get a chance to say a word more mum butted in and said

"Oh she works at Agenda magazine" she proudly announced,

"Wow really?" said Suzan

"Yeah she helps design the layout of the magazine and what to put in, in each issue..." mum answers and I zoomed out occasionally smiling and nodding. I was too caught up in my own thoughts;

Why did he what to know?

Why Did he even care?

Wait did he care?

What was the knowing look for?

And why all of a sudden did he become curious about me?

HOLD ON WHY DO I EVEN CARE?

I was dragged out of my mental argument by my dad called me;

"Sorry what did you say dad" I asked, not hearing a word he siad to me,

"I was just telling them about what a great little artist you are" dad said proudly, I could feel my cheeks warming up as I stated to blush;

"Oh... ummm... it really isn't anything special, really, I just like to doodle" I said feeling very uncomfortable, especially as I could feel John staring right at me.

DON'T LOOK! I told my self, one look in those eyes and he will be able to read me like a bloody book.

"Can we see the drawing?" Anna asked excitedly

"Oh... ummm..... It isn't anything great really" I said, I hate people looking at my drawings, especially when it isn't work, just me drawing for the hell of it, because in each of my 'doodles' that what I call them, there is some kind of meaning behind them as to how I am feeling at that moment of time, so they are really personal to me.

"Oh please, I really want to see them, come on Eva" Anna begged, just as I was about to apologise and say no..

"Anna, if she doesn't want to show you her work then you cant force her, it must be personal to her?" I herd John say softly, like somehow he knew what I was feeling. I couldn't help it, I took my eyes off the plate that I had suddenly found really interesting during the conversation and look straight at his amazing blue eyes. They were filled with kindness and understanding, that I got confused, and didn't know what to say, or do, because my mind was blank, it was filled with John's beautiful blue eyes. This is what happened last time remember the voice said unless you want to fall for this guy again I suggest you look away right now the voice demanded in my head. I quickly shook my head and looked away from his beautiful eyes. I don't know how long we were staring at each other for, but the parents had already moved onto a different subject.

"Hey why don't we go out to the beach, its like a 10 minute drive from here, and I will call all my friends aswell" Anna said to me

"Yeah that is a great idea" I look at my parents "Mum, dad, what do you think?" I asked

"Yeah sure go ahead, just be careful" they said, with a smile.

"Great, let me just go and change into something more, appropriate" I said, Anna just nodded.

I excused myself from the table and whent upstairs to my room.

Knowing that going outside would be a great help to clear my head and get away from John for a while.

I rummaged through my luggage and found my white shorts that came up to mid thigh and wore my Sam Edelman gladiator sandals, I didn't bother do changed my top. I grabbed my phone and headed downstairs.

"Ready" Anna chimed I smiled and nodded, I went back to the table and kissed my parents goodbye.

We made our way to Anna's car, which was a beautiful Mercedes Benz CLK 350 Cabriolet convertible.

"Wow, hot ride" I said

"Thank you, my dad got it for me, for getting into uni" she smiled

I smiled back, my dad got me a car aswell, and I love it, it's an Audi S5 red, yeah I am lucky I know, smiling to my self I got in the front seat.

*******************************************************************************************

John's POV

After the girls left, I excused myself from the table aswell and headed back to my room. I kept thinking about the way Eva reacted when I asked her why she hadn't been coming round for 3 years.

The look she gave me was a panic look, like she wanted to avoid the question, then I couldn't help but notice how she was stuttering her way through the answer and how she didn't make eye contact with me while answering...... hold on she didn't make eye contact with me pretty much though the whole dinner, huh that was wired! And when she did make eye contact with me, after I told Anna not to bug her anymore about ther art work, she looked at me with confusion in her eyes and then if I am not wrong I saw pain.

PAIN? Why pain? What have I done to Eva to make her hate me, or even avoid me? Was I the reason why she hasn't been coming here for all those years?

But WHAT THE FUCK HAVE I DONE?

I don't know but I will find out and hopefully make it right.

I took my clothes off, and went to bed, I had been lying down on top of my duvet thinking about Eva for an hour now, I pulled open the covers and lied down.

As sleep over took me, my last thought was of Eva, and a image of her in those short shorts that showed her oh so beautifull long legs rose to my mind.

Then that question came up again; Why does she hate me?

And then darkness over took all my thoughts.

*******************************************************************************************

So what do you think??

Please comment and tell me what you think, because I need to know whether you like it or not, and is I should carry on with the story!

So I am hoping to get over 5 votes so that I can update the next chapter!

Thanx

REMEMBER

VOTE

COMMENT

AND PLEASE BECOME A FAN :D