3 Years Later Chapter 15

3 years later

Chapter 15

Eva’s Pov

“Eva…. Eva” someone was calling me from my beautiful slumber. I shut my eyes more tightly trying to stop the awareness that was trying to ruin my dream.

“Eva you need to wake up the plane has landed” I bolted out of my seat banging my head against John’s.

“Great, that’s the thanks I get for waking you up” John said rubbing his forehead.

“Oooops sorry, what time is it?” I asked sleepily

“Its 4 o’clock in London”

We started to make our way out of the plane and into the passport checking area, once that was all cleared we went to get our bags and hail for a taxi. It took us about 1 hour to get to my house from Heathrow airport and I took that time to close my eyes and have some me time. To soon the driver stopped meaning that I was home. We got out and paid the driver. The cool breeze hit me like a tone of bricks making me shiver; I ran to the front door while trying to find my keys from my hand luggage, got the door open and let John inside.

“Make your self at home” I announced

I dropped the keys on the living room table and took my jacket off. I realised that John had not said a word all the way here and thought that maybe he regretted coming all the way to London. ‘Serves him right, I told him not to come’ I thought to myself.

“John are you ok, you are awfully quite”

“London is beautiful, I cant believe how much it has changed since my last visit” he replied In awe. I didn’t know what to answer so I just nodded my head.

“Let me show you to your room” I said making me way over to the guest room. The room was about the average size with cream coloured walls. A double bed in the middle of the room with two nightstands on wit lamps on each one. There was a built in wardrobe and most important of all it was an ensuite so there was no chance of us running into each other at night or me walking in on him having a shower, wait that second option doesn’t sound too bad.

“It’s a very nice room, thank you” John said with a smile.

“Great, how about you get settled in and I will head off to the hospital to check on Gabriella, there is no food in the fridge so I will also stop by the 24 hour supermarket and buy us some food” as I was saying this John was shaking his head.

“WHAT???” I asked annoyed

“How about I change my close, than we can head off to the hospital together to see how Gabriella is, than TOGETHER we can go and buy some food. The whole reason I came here was so that you wont be alone, and that includes not letting you drive alone in the dark, capire

“No I don’t capire, you know why, because I told you that I don’t need you to come and babysit me. John you need to understand that I am a big girl and I can take care of myself. I don’t need you to look after me, capire” I answered angrily.

“Oh I know that you are a big girl Eva, because I don’t kiss little girls. Now stop arguing and get out so that I can get changed and don’t even think about leaving without me” and with that he pushed me out of his room and shut the door. I don’t know how long I stood there stunned but the sound of my phone ringing brought me back from my haze, not giving me time to analyse what John had just said to me.

I looked at the caller ID and saw that it was my mum.

“I am sooo sorry that I didn’t call you, I have been in a rush all day. Everything is fine, we are at home and we are about to leave to go to the hospital.” I blurted this all out, not giving my mum time to give me her lecture.

“Ok, I forgive you this time but make sure you keep me posted on what’s going on. Drive safely and don’t forget to buy some food” Mum replied

“Ok mum I promise, love you”

“Love you to sweet heart”

I hanged up the phone and realised that while talking to mum I had made my way to the kitchen, grasping the fact that I was really hungry. And with that I stared to hunt for food, after 5 minutes I found a tube of salt and vinegar Pringles, crackers, and Digestive chocolate biscuits. While I was putting them in a bag, John descended down the steps.

“Ready?” he asked

“Yeah, I found some food to munch on till we buy some” I replied and made my way down to the hall, grabbed my bag and car keys, locked the door from the inside and made my way to the garage, John following behind me. I opened the doors to my Audi and had the satisfaction of hearing John’s gasp.

“Shit, is that your car” he asked shocked.

“Well I am getting in the front seat so I’m guessing it is mine” I replied with a smirk. 

“Well, its nearly as hot as you” he answered back with a cocky grin.

“Don’t get cheeky with me, I’m not in the mood” and with that the garage gates opened and I floored it out of there and onto the motorway. It took about 30 minutes to get to the hospital. I parked and paid for the parking. Walking up to the desk I asked the receptionist where Eric was being held at and made my way to the 4th floor. I didn’t even bother checking if John was following behind me, they only thing that confirmed that he was, was the fact that he walked into the elevator with me. The ride was quick and I walked to room number 224. I opened the door and a crying Gabby ran into my arms.

“Gabz don’t worry it will all be ok” I rubbed her back trying to comfort her.  

************************************************

Sorry for the verrrrryyyyy late upload, and sorry for any mistakes I havet proof read it yet :D