Genesis

The van skidded slowly to a stop. 16-year-old Stphen stepped out first. He immediately began to admire the new house. It was surprisingly a little smaller than he expected, but it would be large enough. He was a little intimidated at this new settlement. There had been discussions about moving out of his home state, Louisiana, but he never thought it would come to this. This was the ultimate shock. He never wanted to leave, but if that's the way things were, he was sure he could adapt. 

       "Whoa!" Stephen's 2-year younger sister Grace said as she jumped out od the van. "That is a big house!"

     "No it's not." Stephen muttered under his breath. Stephen's dad, Jay, walked out with his wife, May. Stephen never really understood his adoptive parents. Why in the sanity of the world would they ever want to leave Baton Rouge, LA.  And who from heaven to hell had ever heard of Jump City?

     Jay unlocked the door to the house and they walked in. Stephen was in disgust. It must've have been 3 to 4 times smaller than their last house. Then Stephen's 5-year older brother David walked in. The cars of the town roared until the door was closed. Stephen felt weary after the trip. And the next few days were going to bring a whole new life. Mostly a new life begins with a new school and new friends. Stephen really didn't think that going to a new school was all bad. The only change was that he had been home-schooled most of his life. The only reason of the public school change was because his parents had told him that he was going to have to show responsiblility for himself. He had always felt, since his teen years began, independant in a certain way. This was such change he was not used too. 

     "The moving van's here." David said.

     "O.K. Stephen come on." Jay said. Stephen said nothing and walked to the door. The house seemed to be big enough to hold the family to a fair amount. It took almost the remainder of the day to drag all the stuff out of  the truck and into the house. After work, May went to get dinner ready. Stephen went to his room. His was the on at the left side of the hall. It was typical. He had moved before and the first day was really not too exciting for him. He often dreaded how much he would have to start over. New friends would be intimadating. The new school would feel rather strange. It was all awkward. He didn't like this arrangment. But he knew he would be his creative humorous self in no time. In fact, soon he wouldn't even miss his old house. He just had to worry about getting through this right now. He sighed and pulled the tape off a small box. He pulled out his creation. Books. He looked at his rather amateurish work. As soon as that computer was installed he could be able to write with much more enthusiasm. Next he pulled out family pictures. Memories he had with his family, Grace, David, and everyone he knew.

     He was adopted at the age of 5 and Grace at the age of 2. He really knew his family was the Kyles. His biological family were violent people. He did miss his biologial parents but he knew it was for his welfare he was separated. And that was the most important thing, he was able to live a true life the way it was meant to be lived. He was off-record grateful the personal changes. His religion is Christianity but before it was Atheism. He was mistreated, but he healed with scars that were left by his old life. His past would be limp and dead, but yet at the same time still be there. He was the firstborn of his biological family which also meant he had to set a way to show that this was your life and show your dreams aren't meaningless, no matter who told you so.

     He sighed and looked at the bed his dad had put together during the day. He was tired and just fell asleep. There had to be more than a way to show the world that he could be more than this. That teens were made to do great things and those who believed that would be young forever. Little did he knew he was about to prove that theory right.