It's My Life (16 Year Old Ty's POV) Bonus Chapter {2}

***AN***

Contains mature language

*********

I needed her.

I needed Maggie more than I needed anything else in my shitty life. She was the only light, the only thing that kept me sane.

Mom hated me, she thought I was nothing but a worthless drop out, an alcoholic.

Maybe if she had done a better fucking job raising me I wouldn't be this way, I wouldn't need to rely on a hooker to get my fix.

A hooker that had ignored my calls, hadn't said a word to me for almost a year.

"Tyler, turn that done!" My mom shouted through the dark hallway, more than likely referring to the metal I had blasting through the house.

I was going to do this, I was going to go find Maggie and figure out what the fuck was going on. I was going-

"I said to turn it down!" Mom stalked across the room and ripped my stereo from it's plug, glaring at me, "If you're going to be living under my god damn roof, you need to learn to listen to me." I stood up, throwing the beer bottle in my hand against the floor, not even coming close to flinching when I heard the glass shatter.

"You think I want to live here? Listening to you bitch on a daily basis? Fuck you, Mom! All you do is sit here and-" Her hand came in contact with my cheek before I could get anything else out, her blue eyes black.

"Get out of my house, Tyler. Go." I started to back away, still reeling from my stinging cheek. I buried my hands in my ratty dark hair and stalked toward the door, grabbing the keys from the hook before Mom could come out and stop me from taking the Jetta.

I made sure to slam the door as I made my way toward the car, shaking my head.

What right did she have slapping her sixteen year old son? Isn't that some sort of child abuse and shit? Not that she'd care, she's sat there my entire life and watched her new husband beat the living shit out of me, what was one little slap going to do?

"Bitch." I muttered, starting the car. I reached for my seat belt, ready to pull it on when I heard a noise behind me.

Did she let some feral cat in?

"Dammit." I grumbled, climbing back out of the car and unlocking the back so I could get in. My hands immediately fell to my sides once I had pulled the back door open.

There was a baby carrier sitting so it was facing the seat, a bright pink blanket draped her over it.

"Mom." I whispered, knowing very well she couldn't hear me.

There couldn't possibly be anything under the blanket, right?

I hesitantly pulled the blanket down a little, feeling the little I had ate starting to come back up when I saw the infant kicking her small feet.

"Shit." I pushed my hoodie from my head and stepped forward, touching the baby's hand.

Was Mom watching her for somebody? If she had. . . why had she left her in the car?

"Tyler! How dare-" Mom's words died quickly as she came up behind me, her mouth dropping open in surprise.

"What did you do?" She moved by me and unbuckled the seat belt from around the carseat. After a few seconds, the baby open her eyes and looked directly at me.

Somehow, despite her eyes being a beautiful Emerald green, I knew. I knew that this was the reason Maggie didn't return my calls, my texts, hadn't ever been at the hotel when I went to visit her.

"Tyler." Mom started again, sending me a dark look over her shoulder, "Why is there an infant in the back of my car?" I shook my head, gripping the door, fearful that my knees would give out and I'd collapse.

"Maggie." I breathed out. "She must have left her." My mom's expression tightened into a grimace.

"Move." My body seemed to react before my brain as I gently nudged my mom out of the way and picked the baby up, staring down at her.

I'd never seen anything so small, so frail. She looked like she was only days out of the hospital, she even had the bracelet on her wrist still.

"Hi." I could feel all the anger that had been building in my chest a few minutes ago disipate within seconds of having her in my arms.

"I'm calling the police." My mom reached for the phone in her pocket, but I jumped up, giving her a pleading look.

"No, Mom. Please. If they find her-"

"If they find her, then they can take the poor girl off the streets, Tyler. The girl was so jacked up on drugs she must have thought it was okay to leave a baby in the car. What if we hadn't come out? Huh?" I shook my head, not wanting to listen to her.

"You were just in the car ten minutes ago, Mom. She must have been here a little while before we came out." I looked down at the baby in my arms.

"Tyler, you're sixteen, you don't have a job, and you're out of school. You can't raise-"

"Mom, she's my daughter." I whispered, "Please don't do this." My mom looked down at the concrete for a second, then reached up and rubbed her forehead.

"We still need to speak with the police." She answered, "And you're going to get yourself together, do you understand? If you think you can be a father, then you're going to go work. You're going to go find yourself a job and a way to support your daughter. Until then, Tyler, I'm going to have to legally adopt her to be sure I can get her the care she needs, all right?" I stared at her for a long moment, letting her words sink in as I slowly looked back down at the small, bread loaf, sized baby in my arms.

My baby, my beautiful daughter. Something to live for.

"Okay." I agreed, "Do you hear that, Tessie? It's all going to be okay."

***AN***

I thought I'd let you guys in on what was going on in Ty's mind when he found Tessie in the car that one day. 

Let me know what you thought!

~ChasingMadness24