The List (For Alyssa)

If you are reading this, Ally, it's because it finally happened. I wish I could have been able to give it to you myself, but I knew you wouldn't take it. On the other piece of paper in here, you will find a list that I created for you to do for me, and most importantly, for yourself.

I know soon you won't be a teenager anymore, and me. . . obviously I didn't even make it that long despite what Mommy and Daddy said. So please do all the things I couldn't do for me.

1. Tell Mommy and Daddy that it wasn't their fault, none of it.

2. Look at yourself in the mirror and smile, please. This is easy, I understand that. But I want you to realize how pretty you are and I never want to see you cry.

3. Talk to that boy you used to like in high school, the one with the blue streak in his hair. I think he likes you too.

4.Volunteer at the hospital. I always loved to help the other kids, but Mommy and Daddy never let me

5. Go to that cute shop with all the pretty angels and leave one at my memorial. You used to call me your little angel, remember?

6. Have your first drink before you turn 21. Jason said that it's okay to do that, as long as you don't make it a habit

7. Get your first kiss (if you haven't had it) from someone you really like.

8. Go to Lincoln and Fourth and find a purple cardboard box.

9. Ty should be in the box. He is cute, I promise

10. Give Ty the money in the box that I had Mommy put under your bed

11. Have a bonfire at the icky lake by the house. I know it's not a beach, but I think you will have fun

12. Fall in love with a guy that makes you happy. I like it when you smile and your cheeks turn be red.

13. Write eight letters and fill them with a dollar each before handing them out on Lincoln and Fourth.

14. Buy Presents for kids that can't have a Christmas or Birthday and hand them out dressed as Santa.

15. Lose the one thing that's most precious to you. (Mommy said that all girls have it, I'm just not ready to learn all of what it is yet)

16. Tell Jason I liked it when he braided my hair and made me look like a pretty princess

17. Get a Dalmatian puppy and name it Spot

18. Have a baby. I know this may seem odd, Ally, but the list doesn't have to ALL be completed before your birthday. A baby would make you so happy, you would be such a good Mommy.

And the most important one of all is to not cry over me. Everyone knew that I wasn't going to live forever, Ally. Mommy would always tell me I would get to see Gamma and Gramps up where I will become an angel. And I promise I'll come down and haunt you if you don't finish this list.

I love you, Ally. You are my best friend and my big sister. I always looked up to you and how strong you were, so don't cry now.

Love you this much,

Steph