three

i slowly unwrap the warm cover from around my body, attempting to be as silent as possible in order to not wake up lauren.

sliding his tanned arm gently off of me, i push off the bed completely and hold my breath in anticipation. there's no way in hell i'd be able to get out of here unheeded if he woke up now.

i cast one last glance at his peaceful expression as i skim into my clothes that are now scattered all across the ground, before i emerge from the room and head straight for the living room.

i dread checking my phone because i know what i'm about to find once i unlock the screen. however, i don't really have a choice.

10 missed calls

a shaky breath escapes my lips involuntarily. my heart rate picks up a little, not because of the number but because of the person behind it.

i swipe my finger across the screen, mentally preparing myself for whatever is about to come while i listen to the ring tone.

"wow, i'm surprised you're calling, reina." kaden picks up the call extremely fast, "i almost started thinking you were about to bail on me."

my breath hitches in my throat but i recover quickly.

"don't be ridiculous," i force the words out of my mouth painfully, "you know i wouldn't bail on you."

not yet. but that doesn't mean it won't happen in 5 days when the deal is finally over.

"good," he says with a hint of amusement in his voice, "that wouldn't bring anything good for you anyway. you want to go out for a coffee? or late dinner?"

the smooth transition of the topic isn't anything unusal for him, which is why i'm not surprised by it anymore. he is perfectly capable of bluntly spitting out threats before asking me something completely casual the next second.

though, his questions can't be really considered questions. they are closer to demands by mile.

"i don't really have the time right now," i lower my voice a little, flicking my gaze to check the door of my bedroom, "maybe tomorrow?"

the following silence is enough to tell me the fake friendliness in my voice wasn't sufficient this time.

"i'm a busy person, reina. i don't know whether i'll have time tomorrow." his ice cold voice causes a shiver run down my spine. "olive tree cafe. be there in half an hour. you know how much i hate waiting."