Chapter 8

When I woke I felt exhausted and hot and thirsty and ill.... My mobile phone ringing beside the bed woke me.

"Hello," I said croakily.

"Shannon, why didn't you tell me you were pregnant and why didn't you call to tell me that my son in law was out of prison..." my mother ranted.

"Urgh... mum can I call you back..." I said as I had just woke up and was still shattered.

"... you were in hospital!" she continued to rant.

I coughed, my ribs hurt. I pressed loud speaker and left her ranting as I dozed back off.

"I had to hear it on the news and in the papers that my little girl was in hospital with a suspected miscarriage...."

Bob walked into the bedroom and passed the phone to Cilla who was behind him. She walked off talking to my mum.

"You look ill babe," Bob said.

I nodded.

I sat up and he helped me as I coughed some more. "What time is it?" I asked.

"Just gone 1:00p.m.," he answered.

"Shit really," I said I felt like I needed more sleep and I had slept half the day away.

"Liam has had to pop out to sort a few things out so we are wife sitting," Bob said with a grin.

"Are the kids at school?" I asked.

"Yep, except Logan he is asleep on the sofa down stairs. Marvin was ok this morning so has gone in but they will call if he is unwell," he said.

"Ok," I said.

"You look really ill. How you feeling? Each symptom please," Bob asked.

"Exhausted, my eyes ache, thirsty, little bit sick and weak, my ribs hurt when I cough and I feel like I've laid down too long," I said. "I think I'm losing my voice."

"How about we run you a nice bath? You can have some breakfast and a cup of tea whilst that is running and we can freshen up the bed for when you come out," he suggested.

"Heaven," I crocked. My voice unable to get past a whisper.

"I'll get you a cuppa," he said with a smile and left.

I lay in bed feeling completely useless. I knew bed rest meant stay in bed but now I felt ill and not waking up to Liam made it was worse and I burst into tears. My mothers words 'suspected miscarriage' ringing in my ears.

"Hey what's all this," Cilla said as she walked in to return my phone and saw the tears.

I shook my head as her sympathy made me worse. She kicked her slippers off and got into bed with me. I snuggled up as Bob arrived with my tea and breakfast.

I got in the other side and sandwiched me in. "It's all a bit too much hey kid," he said.

I nodded as tears feel and I sniffled away.

We lay there for a few minutes and as I started to fall back to sleep I heard Bob whisper, "She is burning up," to Cilla.

"Yeah she's probably got Logan's cold," Cilla replied.

"I'll see what we've got to give her that will break her temperature whilst you run the bath," he said.

"What's this?" I heard Liam say.

"Were sneaking a cuddle whilst she's asleep," Bob joked.

"She isn't very well and was woke by her mum calling from Ireland and giving out about everything," Cilla said. "She wasn't happy about her being pregnant and not saying anything as she said she hasn't been eating properly. Plus she had to hear from the news that you were out of prison so she isn't happy."