Secrets and Revelations

Evie's POV :

"Mike, I'm truly getting worried now. Raven has never gone this long without talking to me." I continue walking forward while talking to Mike. I want to reach her house as soon as possible. it's been 2 days since I last saw her. After she ran away she locked all the doors and closed the curtains making it impossible to see inside. I had given her until Saturday, hoping she would be calm enough to talk. Especially, since I would be alone and she wouldn't have everyone interrogating her. When I got there, she didn't answer the door. On top of that I couldn't hear any movement inside. If she was even inside and safe, I had nothing to go off of to know.

Regardless of the fact that we have all tried to coax her out, there hasn't been any kind of sign that she was home. So, today I decided that I'm going in and seeing her for myself. "Evie slow down. What do you expect to find there. Do you think she disappeared or something. I mean I highly doubt she could have left without the Alpha's knowing." I know he is just trying to calm me down, but he doesn't realize he just stated my deepest fear of Raven leaving us.

"Actually, that's exactly what I think. I really do believe she could leave without any of us knowing. She's been running for so long, she has to have picked up a few tricks. Don't you think?" We both picked up our pace at the same time. I guess Mike agreed with me, he was worried from the start. When we see her home we decide to split up. Mike heads to the back and I go to the front door. Reaching the door, I try the handle hoping but nothing, it's locked just like it was yesterday.

"Dammit Raven... Where are you?" I lean towards the window hoping to glimpse something inside, some type of movement or... anything really. Looking at the window it's not what I see through it but what's on the surface of the glass that catches my attention. Is that? It can't be! Scratch marks? "MIKE!!" Using all my strength I begin to kick down the door, while I continue to yell for him. After two tries it finally opens and I rush in. With Mike right behind me already shifted in bear form. He must have thought that I was in trouble, that's sweet. "Mike, can you find Raven, is she still here?" I notice his nostrils flare as he pulls in the different scents. He begins to walk towards the kitchen when he suddenly jerks back.

"What's wrong? Is she here or not?" He shakes his head and backs up. That's when I see a bloody paw print on the floor. Looking around I see the remnants of a broken glass scattered on the floor. "Mike it might be safer if you shift back. Head towards the bathroom I know she has extra clothes in the hallway closet for us. Bobbing his big head he turned around and walked in that direction leaving a bloody paw print trail.

Pushing the worry for Mike out of my head, I proceed forward in the direction Mike was taking when he had encountered the glass shards. I took a few steps forward when I heard what sounded like a whimper to my right. Turning my head I didn't see anything until my eyes went towards the floor. My bear was closer to shifting than ever before. What I saw in front of me, shook me to the core and sadden me deeply. There on the floor was Raven gripping a knife so tightly that her knuckles were bone white. I tried to gain her attention and even though she was looking at me, it's as if she was looking right through me.

"Hey Raven, it's Evie. Are you ok? What happened?" Speaking softly as to not startle her, the only response I received was her eyes shifting back and forth. As if she was looking for danger. "Oh god... What happened to her?" Mike finally returned and stood behind me, getting his first glimpse of Raven. "We need to get her to my house Mike. My mom could help her and you probably need to call the Alphas. They should be there as well, she's gonna need them to get through this." Whatever this is. Nodding his head, he leans down to grab ahold of her hands to help her up and to take the knife from her. As their hands touch she begins to freak out. Surprising him and cutting his hand again with the knife. Before she can do anymore damage he grabs the knife from her and passes it to me.