How Very Odd

Xander POV:

          Waking up, it takes me a few moments to realize that someone is snuggling against me. Opening my eyes I see Xavier looking at my chest with a serene smile on his face. Looking down I am struck speechless. She is absolutely beautiful, I can't believe she's real and ours. I know Xander she is perfect isn't she. Looking back at Xavier I just nod and turn my eyes back to her. I don't think I'll ever get tired of looking. Xavier isn't this perfect? Who would have thought we would find her this year.

Xavier POV:

           I couldn't agree more. Before, when I would think of our upcoming senior year I would imagine hanging out with friends and taking care of the pack. Just nonessential things most seniors think about - well seniors who are Alpha were-bears. It all changed when our eyes landed on her. I can remember the moment perfectly. Xander and I had just stepped out of the car when we heard a shriek. Looking over we notice Evie and Mike with our group of friends. Watching them we notice someone new. That must be the girl Evie was telling us about. I wonder why she's screaming?

           Looking over at Xander I see he's just staring in their direction. That's when I pick up on Xander beginning to growl. Grabbing his arm I ask, "What's going on with you?"

           "Xavier don't you see it? Don't you feel it?" Looking in the same direction, I'm suddenly struck by lightning. I finally understand what Xander was talking about. Looking into her eyes, I feel a tightness around my heart. Suddenly there is a string wrapped around our hearts that leads right back to her.

           Back to the present I begin to fall asleep with that memory, when I feel Xander nudge me. What was that for? He just stares me down and replies. You know what that was for. We need to get up and leave Xavier. Looking down at Raven I contemplate the thought of actually leaving her.

           "Xavier you know we need to get up. If she were to wake up right now, she would freak. She would end up pushing us away. Do you want that, because I sure as hell don't." I definitely do not. Besides hearing Xander speak aloud and not through the link, makes it that more serious. "I understand Xander, and I know we need to leave. Can you blame me for not wanting to move? I can't stand the thought of leaving."

            "I know Xavier, but it's better this way... For now." Even though I don't want to agree, I do understand. So deciding to get up before I can change my mind and continue to snuggle with her under the covers. "Alright let's get up now Xander. Before it gets too late and she wakes up." He nods his head and carefully pulls the blankets back and gets out. Looking at Raven I notice that when Xander got out that she moved closer to me.

           Putting a pillow in my place I get out and tuck her in. I walk over to Xander's side and just stand there looking at her. I notice Xander slowly lean down and kiss her forehead. As he stands back up I hear him through our link, repeating lines that our father had said to our mother on several occasions when we were younger. My princess, may you have sweet dreams. May you smile in your sleep as sweetly as you do when you're awake. I guarantee you make the world a brighter place. Following his lead I lean down to place a kiss on her cheek and continue our father's quote. I look forward to see the sun rise knowing full well how you have brightened my world. I love you.

           Together we continued aloud, "We love you. We can't see ourselves loving anyone else." Afterwards we turn around and walk towards the door. Stopping right before walking out I stare at her hoping she comes to us soon. Feeling a clap on my shoulder I look at Xander, "I know Xavier. Don't worry it'll happen soon. She just needs more time." I know that he's right but I don't know if I can wait any longer. Closing the door we walk to our room and wait for the morning to begin.