*~Eridan~*

"Morning sleepyhead! I made waffles~"

Your eyes fluttered open to the sight of your matespirit of two years, Eridan Ampora, holding a tray that smelled absolutely wonderful. He carefully laid it on your lap, bringing into sight heart shaped waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, coffee, and a single rose.

"Aww Eridan! This is so sweet, what's the occasion?"
"Well the human 'Valentines Day' of course. What else?"
"Eridan it's June."
"Well than its Valentines Day in June. Can't a prince just do something nice for his princess?"

He got you there. Plus when he uses that nickname its hard not to squeal. There were times when Eridan could be whiny and shellfish (obligatory fish pun), but when it came down to it, the years he spent fanaticizing over a relationship enabled him to be so romantic.

"Well thank you Eridan, I really appreciate it."

You and Eridan continued to chat while you happily downed the waffles. Finally, and begrudgingly, you set the tray on your bedside table and got up to leave the room, only for Eridan to grab your hand and tugging you back into bed. You fell right on top of him, looking into his yellow eyes. He poked your nose and chastised you playfully,

"Excuse you princess I wasn't finished yet."

With a smug smile, Eridan laid a suave kiss on your lips, holding you close. You could feel his heart beating under you; he was surprisingly warm.

"Eridan this is nice, but I have things I need to do today."
"What's the rush? Lets stay like this a little longer, we deserve it."
"Eridan its almost eleven o clock and I'm still in my pajamas."
"Well if you're in such a hurry, I'll just take them off for you."
"Eridan!!!"