Chapter 6: Damon's POV

DPOV

Dark almost pitch black eyes narrowed in lust.

A shiver ran down my spine, as gripped Stefan’s arm tightly my nails digging into his skin if he were human; I would have cut off circulation.

“How much?” the man’s voice was hoarse, he sounded like he had been gurgling nails.

“50 bucks”

The man eyebrows shot up, he opened his mouth to say something before taking another look at me, my breath hitched as a smirk crawled on his face “very well…” he dug into his pocket pulling out a worn out wallet.

What happened next was a blur, he grabbed my arm yanking me toward him tearing me away from my brother, I squirmed trying to break out of the iron grip “Stefan!” I screeched cold inhuman eyes stared at me.

“Stefan! Please don’t let him take me! Don’t let him take me Stefan! You promised you wouldn’t let anyone hurt me you promised!”

There was a small flicker in his eyes, before he tore his gaze away from me.

“Stefan!, Stefan!, Stefan!”

I shot up in the bed, a scream clawing up my throat as tears welled in my eyes I gripped the bed sheets tightly, screwing my eyes shut your not there anymore I yelled into my head hugging my legs close to my chest he isn’t here anymore your safe I turned to my right a spot where my mate usually resided only to find empty space. Frowning my eyes darted around the room curiously where could he have gone?.

“-There was blood all over…”

My ears twitched, as I listened hard my attention turning to the open door of the bedroom was that…Elijah?, silently I crawled out of bed inching toward the door pressing myself behind it as if trying to blend in with the wood.

“Thankfully he didn’t kill her but she lost a lot of blood”

I heard a deep exasperated sigh, that sounded like Tyler there was a small shuffling and I could almost feel him running his hand over his face, in frustration “do you have any ideas on where he’s headed?” I quirked my brow who are they talking about? “I know some of his contacts” “good get in touch with them immediately…How are we going to explain to Damon”, “easy we don’t” there was a small silence. As if Tyler was contemplating that answer “no…he’ll find out eventually we might as well just tell him as soon as he wakes up”.

“Well than you get to be the one to tell him that his psychopathic rapist brother escaped from his prison.”

“What!?!”

I tore the door open, a wide eyed Tyler and a bewildered Elijah greeted me on the other side, my hand on the doorknob trembled the room suddenly feeling too small and too suffocating “S-Stefan escaped?” I stuttered. The grave yet concerned look in their eyes was the only answer I needed, my nails dug into the wooden door frame as pure unadulterated fear tore its way through me.