XVII - Heartfelt (FINAL)

DEARBORN, MICHIGAN, OCTOBER 2013

Ethan was relief that the trials ended sooner that he expected. He felt great to be back at home where he grew up. Somehow, he couldn’t remember how he used to hate this place. He knew that he used to hate the view from his bedroom window, the smell of the fabrics in the house and the people living in there. But yet, he couldn’t remember all those hatred. Everything about this house now felt warm, comfortable and full of love. He missed Carla once in a while so he would visit her grave and left her white lilies. Ethan didn’t know what was Carla’s favorite flower but he always thought lilies would look great for her. It was such a shame that God took Carla too soon. If only she was here for a little longer, then she would’ve found love and happiness she was looking for. Losing Carla would’ve taken a huge toll on him had it not been to how difference Isaac was at the time. Ethan was glad that he didn’t give up. He was glad that he managed to pick himself back to the ground and that he was no longer falling into the pitch black darkness. He was happy to have Isaac, Amber and Bianca with him.

He smiled at the reflection of himself in the mirror. The white shirt and black suit, the red neck-tie, and the greasy brown hair looked really good on him. Amber entered the room and all his self-thoughts disappeared in split seconds. She was wearing a light yellow dress with white daisies on her hair. He felt lucky to have such amazing and beautiful wife. “Are you ready, honey?” She asked with a smile on her face. “Yeah!” Ethan said as determine as ever. “You have the ring?” Amber asked. Ethan reached into his left pocket and took out a small box. He then smiled at Amber and said, “What good is the best man without the ring in his pocket?”

Amber laughed then he pulled Ethan out of the room and decended slowly down the stairs. There were guests all around the house chattering and laughing and talking excitedly. Ethan and Amber began to ushered all the guests to their enormous backyard. The scene they saw as they entered the backyard was unbelievable. There were fences, pillars, and arch with flowers coiling them. The benches were set up on the left and the right with an aisle in between them. There were white tower tables all around with champange and ice. It was soon to be a beautiful garden wedding. Ethan made his way to the end of the alley where Isaac stood handsomely. “Hey Dad! Are you nervous?” Ethan asked. Isaac smiled and said, “A little.” Ethan laughed a little and said, “I’m truly happy for you.” Isaac squeezed Ethan’s hand and said, “Thank you, son.”

Then, the music started playing and Bianca started walking down the aisle. It was amazing how the two finally get together after all they had been through. But Ethan knew she was the perfect woman for Isaac. She had always been like a mother to him. Everything else afterwards were just perfect.

***

Bianca was looking into the mirror at the reflection of her smiling. A few years ago, she could not have imagined she’d be falling in love with Isaac. She used to carried too grave of the amount of hatred towards him. She remembered the day Abigail told her that she had found the love of her life. Bianca remembered every tiny little detail of that day. The freckles on Abigail’s face, her smiles and her wild eyes. Bianca knew her sister had fallen in love. She remembered herself wanting to feel the same way. She could still see the flashes of images from Abigail’s wedding. She looked absolutely amazing that day. Bianca remembered Abigail’s elegant white dress, the church, and even the ugly bride maid dress she had wore. It was so long ago and yet the memories were so fresh to her. She could almost swear she felt Abigail was standing right next to her today, at that very moment.

Then, Bianca was brought back to the day she lost her only sister. It was mid August and the rain was falling down. Isaac was sitting on the hospital bench with a wrecked heart. She swore the sadness she felt was the worst that anyone could ever feel. But now, she knew how loving someone was and she knew that Abigail left with full of love in her hearts and Bianca was happy to just know that.

 She sighed. Now, she was ready to leave the sadness behind and move forward. The bride maids opened the door and she joined them to unite with the man she loved.

***

 OMAN, OCTOBER 2013

Seven thousand miles away, Ahmed glanced out his window. He could feel his enemies watching him. Sweats slowly dropped down his forehead. He closed the blindfold. His body was shaking as he moved quickly into one corner of the room. He sat down and wrapped his hand around his legs. His mouth never stopped murmuring. His eyes wandered the room in fear. Then, he placed his hand on his head and he looked down while his mouth continued murmuring words, “Leave me alone. Leave me alone. Leave me alone.”