Chapter Twenty-Two

- short chappie because im super tired right now, hope you enjoy it none the less. unedited, but i'll edit tomorrow xx -

"Thanks man, we owe you one." G spoke into a phone as I grabbed all my bags from the helicopter. "Look, we've got this. She's gonna stay with us for awhile. Yes Shawn, we know. Alright, you go be a rockstar. Bye man."

I pulled my hood over my face, paranoia setting in as we walked across a helipad. I felt as if the people who held the door open for us knew about the leaked pictures and could tell it was me. I felt like everyone knew about it and could tell that it was me under this large hoodie and behind these sunglasses.

JJ set a hand on the small of my back and as soon as we walked inside of the building, there was a girl waiting by the elevator. "Madison!" G shouted and the girl looked up.

They ran up to each other and then hugged, sharing and kiss or two. "I missed you so much." I faintly heard Jack say and JJ told me to just go through the elevator with him.

I nodded and we got in the elevator, our bags trailing behind us. I kept my head down as I leaned against the wall, my eyes closing as I heard Jack hum. "Hey... uh, so everything is cool with Shawn? I can like text him without feeling like I'm betraying your trust?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, we talked things out the other day." I mumbled and he nodded as I rubbed my temples. "I have a headache."

"Should we stop by the drugstore and pick up some medicine?" He asked and I nodded.

"Please?"

"Of course." He smiled and I gave him a hug, yawning quietly as I buried my face into his chest. "You're tired still? You slept the entire flight, and last night. You've been awake for an hour."

"I know!" I complained and the door opened. We walked out and we sat down on a bench, waiting for Madison and G to come down since she had the keys I guess.

"You sure you're feeling alright?" He asked, holding a hand up to my forehead. I rolled my eyes and pushed his hand away, causing him to chuckle lightly.

"I don't know. I feel kinda sore, that's all." I told him and he nodded, wrapping an arm around my waist as I leaned into him. "I'm also anxious."

"It'll be alright, just trust me alright? Do you trust me?" He asked and I nodded. "Alright, then you'll know that it'll be just fine."

"I hope so." I mumbled and he played with my hair as we heard an elevator ding. G can his girl walked out and they looked over at us.

"You should have asked for the keys." Madison told JJ and he shrugged. "Is this your girlfriend?"

"No! We're just friends." He said quickly and we pulled apart almost instantly. "We're both single."

"I'm Monica." I introduced myself, feeling like absolute garbage infront of this beautiful woman.

"I'm Madison, but you can call me Mads." She smiled sweetly and I nodded.

"I heard a lot about you." I commented and she looked up at G, who was looking around as if he didn't know us.

"Come on, are you coming to our place?" She asked and I nodded as we walked out of the lobby of what looked to be Shawn's headquarters.

Outside were fans, a lot of them, and I wanted to the floor to just swallow me whole. I kept my gaze down as security kept the girls from us, and though I knew they wanted too, JJ and G didn't stop for them. Security kept moving us forward.

We threw our bags into the car and I got into the back seat with Johnson. I pulled out my new phone, courtesy of Shawn, and noticed he texted me, asking if we made it back safely, which I replied and told him that we did.

"So, how eas the awards show? I know my baby and best friend got their award." She smiled enthusiastically and G nodded.

"Yeah, it was crazy dude. Absolutely insane." He told her, explaining everything he felt and everything they did that night. It was much. We just all chilled at the after party and avoided Shawn, though he didn't tell her that last part.

JJ made a few comments here and there but I stayed quiet. I didn't feel like I had anything too important or notable to say. But that's just how I've been for the past few days I guess.

-

"You can stay in our guest room for awhile. Mads sleeps with G over there and my room is just down the hall. Holla' if you need me." He smiled and I nodded.

"I think I might take a nap before I unpack. I'm exhausted." I said and he nodded.

"No yeah you do you. Whatever you need to do then do it." He told me and I have him a hug.

"Thanks Jack, for everything. You and G are the best." I told him and he chuckled as he rubbed my back.

"You're welcome Moni, don't worry about it alright? Stay as long as you need. I know things are kinda rough." He told me and I felt bad for having to stay here. I didn't exactly have the money to pay KiKi and I's rent every month without her, so I didn't have a choice really. There was Jonah, but I really hated his roommate.

"You take a nap. We're gonna call in some take out because uh, you know, we ain't Gordon Ramsay." He said and I laughed. "We'll be downstairs and one of us will wake you up when it arrives."

"Alright." I nodded and he left the room, closing the door behind him as KiKi called me. I answered it almost instantly. "KiKi?"

"Monica! What the hell happened? Your tits are all over my Twitter!" She said and I sighed as I took a seat on the bed. "And you're in LA again?"

"How did you know I was in LA?"

"Jack and Jack update accounts." She replied and I sighed. I forgot about those. "But what happened baby? Are you alright?"

"I honestly feel like shit. I guess someone got ahold of Shawn's personal cell and began to leak things one by one. He has a team on it, but you know, once on the internet, always on the internet." I told her and she was silent.

"Do you want me to come by? Taylor would understand. If you need me I'll be there." She offered but I shook my head.

"No, you stay wherever you are. Just because I'm miserable doesn't mean you have to be. You have a job to do, and I know you're having fun on tour." I countered and she scoffed.

"You didn't hear this from me, but her opening act is the biggest dick in the history of dicks. I hate him." She whispered and I laughed quietly, playing with the zippier if my hoodie.

"Still, stay over there. If I see you in LA, I'm gonna avoid you like I did with Shawn." I told her and she scoffed.

"So nice." She commented and I hummed. "Talk to me if you need babygirl. I'm here. Don't forget, Jonah's dumb ass is there too. Talk to him."

"I was gonna visit some time this week yeah." I said. "I gotta get unpacking. I'll talk to you later KiKi babe. Bye, I love you."

"Bye Moni, I love you too. Stay safe." She said and then hung up. I set my phone on the desk and then laid down beside my suitcases, a little too tired to move them off of the bed.

I've been really tired recently, and I'm not sure why. I believe it's just because of everything that's happening. After all, a lot has happened in so very little time.

I yawned and closed my eyes, folding my arms behind my head gently as I took a seep breath. I was more than comfortable, and more than ready for a nap.