Chapter Twenty-Three

- ik i should stop writing when im super tired and have barely slept but i can't help it sorrysorrysorry. this chappie is everywhere but i hope you like it xx -

A little over a week at Jack and Jack's house was probably exactly what I needed after two weeks of pure confusion and exhaustion. It was full of jokes, laughter, and a lot of playing with their dogs. Cub was just the cutest thing ever, but Mads and Jack were a close second.

I wish I had a love like them, but I guess it's just not in the life God planned for me. I'm destined to die sad and alone. I also wished I was also hot as Madison, but it just wasn't gonna happen.

In speaking of Mads, I found myself getting super close to her. In fact, she went to say best friends when asked who I was, and I would easily agree with that statement. She was just the sweetest and most chill person ever.

We were actually hanging out right now, sitting in the guest room as I messed around with audio layering apps on my laptop.

"Has Shawn tried to talk to you recently?" She asked me and I nodded easily.

"Yeah, we text every now and then. He's really busy though, so it's not as often as before..." I told her, a sad feeling washing over me. "I don't know why I'm getting sad. It's not like we're together anymore."

"Maybe you loved him." She told me and I shook my head, dismissing the idea. "Really. Maybe you lived him Moni."

"No way." I said, but the idea stayed in the back of my head. If I loved him, why did I like JJ for awhile? It just didn't add up.

"Yes way." She nodded and I rolled my eyes. "I think you guys looked cute." She pointed out

"My friend KiKi thought that too." I smiled sadly and I rubbed my eyes. "I uh... I thought that too. But things happened and yeah."

"Maybe it was just the wrong time. Right person, wrong timing." She told me and I rolled my eyes. I didn't believe that.

"I don't really believe that but okay." I said and she chuckled, leaning her head against my shoulder. "Can I ask you something super important?"

"Yeah, go ahead."

"So um... you know how I've been really tired and sick lately?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yeah, is everything alright? Are you actually letting G and I take you to the doctors?" She asked since she's been begging me to see a professional. They've all been begging.

"I um... would also like to add, I may or may not have missed my period." I said, mumbling the end causing her to look at me confused.

"What was that last part? What did you miss?" She asked and I felt like a weight was pressing harder and harder against my lungs.

"I said... I said I may or may not have missed my period." I told her and she nodded, clearly not comprehending what I meant right away.

"Maybe you're just l-Oh my god Monica." She said and grabbed my arms. "Are you saying that you might be-"

"Pregnant?" I finished and she nodded. I ran a hand over my face and nodded. "I'm scared Mads."

"Being a mother is wond-"

"I'm eighteen, single, and unemployeed. Madison..." I said quietly and she was silent. "I'm scared."

"Hey, it'll be okay." She said and ran a hand through my hair. "It's okay, you've got us. You won't be alone."

"How do I tell Shawn?" I asked and she looked at me. "After all, he's the only person I've like... you know... done it with recently."

"Maybe we can fly you over there?"