Chapter Seventeen

- this is unedited, sorry! I'll edit when I'm feeling better, right now its kinda rocky. hope you enjoy xx -

I sat on a chair by the balcony of our hotel room, surrounded by a chilly breeze and covered with only a thin sheet. There were no fangirls outside the hotel, and I thank the security for having them go home. It was cold, and I'd hate for them to get sick just trying to wait up for someone who wasn't allowed to stop and take pictures or sign autographs.

My fist rubbed my eye as I looked around with my other. The sky was cloudy, but the sunrise just made the prettiest sight in the world.

The yellow-orange haze that surrounded the rising sun blurred out into a pale yellow, only to turn into the palest sky blue. That shade then darkened into a blue that I found kind of resembled Jack's eyes.

I mean - what.

I furrowed my eyebrows together, rubbing my arms as I questioned myself. Why am I thinking about JJ?

I shook my head and I heard a deep chuckled. "Monica, are you alright? You look like a bobble-head." I heard Mr. Mendes speak up and I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said and I heard the door close. I tutned around and then noticed he was walking up to me, nothing but a pair of briefs on.

"Good morning princess."

He gave me a kiss and I smiled. "Morning daddy." I said, but it suddenly felt weird to call him that.

"I have to go to the studio before my soundcheck, so I need to get dressed earlier. Then I have an interview before my concert. You'll be with JJ and G for awhile then. Is that alright?" He asked and I nodded, looking over the buildings and cars in the distance.

"Yeah, that's fine." I said and he nodded as he kissed my cheek. "You better start getting dressed them mister."

"Who are you to tell me what to do?" He teased me, pinching my bottom slightly. I jumped and he chuckled as I put my hands over my bottom, careful not to drop the hotel sheet.

"Princess means royalty, and royalty always has authoritieve power." I told him and he shook his head.

"I suppose." He replied and scratched the back of his neck. "I'm going to take a quick shower, you go put some clothes on, dirty girl."

"Yes daddy." I said, subconciously rolling my eyes when he walked away. I sighed and looked at the sky, which was being overtaken with blue.

"What's going on with me?" I whispered to no one in particular.

-

"What's it like dating someone who's always busy?" JJ asked as G screwed around with a keyboard.

Mr. Mendes was at the studio writing and working with some people, so JJ and G decided to find an empty recording studio to take up themselves. I wasn't allowed to be near Mr. Mendes when he was working with others I guess, that's what he told me.

"It's... it has its pros and cons." I said honestly and he nodded. "I love watching him perform and spending time with him, but I'm not allowed to go in the studio with him or even stay backstage at an interview. There's a lot of things I'm not allowed to do."

"Yeah, I'm sure it's nothing big." He told me and I shrugged as I ran my hand through my curly hair. "He probably just wants to focus. If my girl was in the studio with me, I wouldn't get any work done I'd you know what I mean-"

"Jack!" I said and G looked over, but then went back to his keyboard when he realized we weren't calling him. "I'm ignoring you now." I told JJ and he laughed, scratching his scruffy beard slightly.