29.

Now that I am officially Ryan's, I thought that waking up would feel different. That, maybe, I would feel different than what I did the previous day. But, in honesty, I really didn't even know what I was expecting in the first place.

"I'm going to the gym," Ryan informed me when I walked out of the bedroom, yawning while rubbing my eyes. He was by the door, squatted down, tying his shoe laces

"Okay," I said as I went into the kitchen and poured myself a glass of water with a clean glass. As I sipped some water, Ryan came over and stood next to me. "What?"

"You're forgetting something," Ryan stated and I looked over at him confused.

"Forgetting what?"

"This." He placed a hand on my lower back and brought me closer to him, and then planted his lips on mine. "Don't forget it next time."

He didn't even give me time to respond, because he was already out the door. I sighed after silence filled the room. After I knew he was gone for sure, I went back to the bedroom and grabbed my phone off the small wooden dresser.

I didn't want to contact Mr. Winchester. A part of me wished this was all a dream and that if I woke up, I'd be happily living with my mother and Nathan. But, reality hit me hard with a hammer, and I knew that the wounds would stay forever.

I scrolled through the Contacts and saw Mr. Winchester. I pressed his name and then the call symbol on his profile. It rang a few times before he picked up.

"I've been waiting for your call, Kimberly," Mr. Winchester said, scaring me with his words. It sounded like something from a horror movie. I gulped nervously and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Ahh, sorry. I had a hard time adjusting, but I'm all good now," I answered to him, lying about it. I took a while to call Mr. Winchester, because I didn't want to. The last thing I wanted was to be reminded that I'm stuck in a lie, that could either help my mother and Nathan, or hurt them.

"I found out you made your first purchases with the money."

"Um.... yeah. I wanted to buy some cleaning supplies and stuff."

"Don't forget your sole purpose of being there. You're not there to make him even more comfortable, you want to convince him that coming back is the better option. Thank you for calling. I'm busy, goodbye."

He hung up, just like that, without letting me say anything else. I sighed as I trudged back to the kitchen, where my stomach growled loudly. I opened the fridge to find it empty. There was an empty pizza box inside and milk that was spoiled.

How did Ryan even survive? I constantly asked myself this, because there are more and more surprising things that I find around this apartment.

I had a month to be here, and I was hoping to see if I could maybe extend that time.

I knew how homesick I was, and I wanted to get back as soon as possible, but with the progress I'm making... I'd return home with bad news, and it'd be a huge negative affect on Nathan and my mother. I could not just allow that to happen.

I got out my phone and opened the Memo app, and began to type in a grocery list. Whether I succeed my mission or not, it's always good to have food in the fridge.

Ryan got home an hour later. He was sweaty and exhausted. He came over to me and threw his sweaty arms around me.

"Ew, go take a shower," I told him, trying to pry him off of me, but he wrapped his arms tighter. He put his sweaty head against mine and it felt so gross. My skin stuck to his, and his sweat was warm. "And now I'm all dirty, thanks."

"If you join me, yeah," he said as his hand slid down my back. "So, why don't you join me?" His lips lingered over mine, and I found myself rolling my eyes.

"I would, but we both know there would be no cleaning involved. So, no thank you," I answered, refilling my glass with more water. I was being honest, and stating the obvious, because there is no way I am going to go into that shower with him.

"Pleeaaaase? Just this once?" Ryan begged, trying his best to make puppy eyes. I laughed hard at his attempt to look so innocent and cute. I sighed and threw my hands in the air.

"Sure, why not?" I saw his eyes light up. "Just kidding. Hurry and take a shower, we're going to go shopping."

His expression suddenly changed to disappointment and I laughed again, watching him drag himself to the bedroom. I remembered I had a hair tie around my wrist and I used it to tie my hair up in a high ponytail.

While Ryan hopped into the shower, I grabbed my purse and took the opportunity to hurry to the man upstairs. I skipped the elevator and quickly went up the stairs, skipping two at a time. I almost tripped and fell on my face, but I made it successfully to the man's apartment door.

I knocked on the door and it took him a while to get to it. When he opened it, he just nodded when he saw my face. He closed the door and about a few minutes later, he opened it with a small plastic bag in his hand. I grabbed it and looked inside to see a stack of bills, before shoving it into my purse.

"Thank you. Have a nice day," I told him as I took my time getting back to Ryan's apartment. When I got inside, he was still in the shower. I sighed in relief as I plopped down on the couch. I opened my purse and took a glance inside the bag. I grabbed the stack and flipped through the edges of the bills.

Mr. Winchester was smart to have a mix of different number bills. There were some 10s, 20s and 50s and very few 100 dollar bills. The stack was thick. I removed the stack from the plastic bag, removed the tape around it and shoved the loose stack into the innermost pocket in my purse and zipped it closed.

After 15 minutes or so, Ryan was ready to go. I grabbed my phone off the kitchen counter before we left.

×××××××××××××××××××××

I want to thank you all for getting my story to 14K reads!! That truly is amazing.

I'd also like to thank you for enjoying this story, and patiently waiting for updates.

I've been a little stressed with school. But I do my best to update.

I've been trying to keep up a schedule of updating every 5 days.

Sometimes I'll spoil you guys and update earlier, and twice a day. But most of the time I try to stick with this routine. Every 5 days.

So I apologize if I miss a day or more.

Anyways, thank you guys so so so so so much for your support. Means a lot.

Love you all. :)

~Bethany<3