13.

"Nathan, you still have a fever. You NEED to stay home!"

We were arguing for the past ten minutes, and at this rate, I will be late to school. "I'm fine! I feel great, I don't feel sick at all," he lied and I could tell he was trying to hold back a cough.

"No. If you dare come to school, I'll drag your ass to the hospital," I threatened him and his eyes widened.

"You know I hate hospitals. Thats not even fair!" He groaned and threw himself back on the couch. I rolled my eyes, watching how childish he gets, especially when he is sick.

"Goodbye, Nathan. I'll call you every couple of hours," I told him on the way out the front door. I walked towards the car and Mr. Bradley, where he greeted me with a smile.

I smiled back and got in, and then was driven to school. The car ride was silent, and I was expecting another lecture, but he said nothing.

When I stepped out and walked across the street, I was greeted by one of my most lovely friends.

"Oh hey, dingus," Ryan said as he put an arm around me. I pushed him away as I walked up to the entrance.

"Dingus? Seriously?" I asked him, and he grinned.

"I'm still looking for a nickname that suits you. And then, I'll call you that for the rest of your life," he answered and I sighed, turning to open the door.

The door suddenly opened and I was knocked back. Ryan, unexpectedly, caught me in his arms and I stared up at him with wide eyes. He stared back and then just dropped me on the ground.

"Ow, my ass," I said as I stood up and rubbed it.

"Oh shut up, you don't even have one," he replied and I scoffed.

"Have you been checking me out? What the hell is wrong with you?" I pushed him and then ran inside the building, passed his little gang friends.

Maria was waiting for me in the library, and when I got there, she just stayed quiet.

"Are you okay? I am so sorry that I am late, I got held back by some scrubass dick," I explained to her and she nodded slowly. She pulled out a worksheet and handed it to me.

"You don't have to explain yourself. I didn't even ask. And by the way, I'm free for the movies this week," she told me and I smiled, excitedly.

"Really? Yay! I'm so glad. But what happened to the funeral that was supposed to be this weekend?"

"It turned out to be a lie. Some family members lied to just get money, saying it was for the funeral, but one of them came clean."

"Ouch. That's so messed up and twisted."

"Yeah...oh well. I'm just looking to get away from all this and have some fun," she said and I wrapped an arm around her.

"Sure thing! Do you want to meet there, or come over to my house?" I asked her, not even bothering to hide my excitement.

"I'll meet you there. We still have to find a movie to watch, you know," she reminded me and I nodded.

"Of course. I really want to watch 'Suicide Squad', everyone has been talking about it and I have been dying to see it. But, 'Doctor Strange' came out and it looks so good, too!" I sighed, thinking of other movies to watch.

She chuckled when she looked at me face. She motioned for me to start working on the worksheet, which I did. We continued to discuss more movies while I worked, until the bell rang.

***

"Naaaaaathaaaaaan," I called his name as I entered the house. I walked to the living room where I saw him asleep, sitting on the couch. There was a popcorn bowl in his lap and the TV remote was in his hand.

His mouth was open and there was a popcorn ready to fall out of it. I laughed quietly when I saw him like that. I pulled out my phone and took a picture of him. Blackmail..

I slowly took the bowl of popcorn away from his lap, and set it on the wooden end table on the side of the couch. I sat next to him and he woke up, taking in a deep breath.

He looked over at me and smiled. "How did your day go? And your babysitting job?"

"Well...my day was alright and my babysitting job was pretty great, no one was there to ruin it," I said, Ryan popping into my mind and I frowned.

"Ahh, I see. Well, that's good. At least you weren't miserable, like me," he said and I hugged him.

"Aww, poor baby. This is why you stock up on Vitamin C," I reminded him and he laughed.

"Who has time for that? And let alone, who is even going to remember that?" He asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Those who really care about their health, I guess."

"Whatever."

"Hey, Nathan, can you do me a favor?" I asked him, and he eyed me suspiciously.

"And... what is this favor?"

"Can you drive me to the movies this weekend?" I asked, trying my best to sound cute as I looked up at him.

"No."

"Whyyyy?"

"Because I said no."

"I'll give you money."

"Okay, deal."

××××××××××××××××××××

Thanks for reading. This one was a bit shorter. I hope it hasn't gotten too boring. :)

Thanks, all of you who have stuck around since the beginning.

Love you all, don't forget to Vote, Comment and Follow.

~Bethany<3