26.

When I woke up, I woke up in a dark room and I looked around. My eyes had a hard time adjusting, but when they did, I realized what is happening. I was tied to a cold metal chair and when I looked across from me, I saw Nathan and my mother tied to chairs.

I gasped and tears automatically fell from my eyes. My mother was still unconscious and Nathan started to wake up.

"What's going on?" He whispered and I swallowed hard.

"I don't know... Nathan I'm scared.." I said to him, my voice trembling.

"We'll all be okay, Kimberly."

What scares me even more is that this is all Ryan's dad's doing. Why was he doing this? As if on cue, he enters the room, turning on all the lights. I shut my eyes quickly, being blinded by the bright lights.

He walked over to us and stood there, glancing at all of us before clearing his throat. "Glad you can come. I have some things to discuss with you guys," Ryan's dad, Mr. Winchester, stated.

Nathan and I looked over at him, and my mother barely woke up.

"You both arrived shortly after Ms. Adams over here." Mr. Winchester pointed to my mother, "You see, your mother came up with a way to pay her little friends, but I gave them a better deal which they took in a heartbeat."

"Why are you doing this to me?!" I yelled out, hot tears streaming down my face. I had enough of this man messing with my life, and all the people care about that were in it.

"You did good, babysitting that bad boy, at first. But then, I started realizing how easy it is for you to get him to do what you want. To do what I want, through you," he explained with an evil smile.

"Whatever you want me to do, I'll do it, but just leave my mom and Nathan alone," I told him and I glanced at over at them.

"Kim, don't do this to yourself," Nathan said, sadness in his voice and in his eyes. I sighed as I looked down at the concrete floor.

"Honey, don't let that man fool you," my mother added and I ignored them both. This was for the best. If it means leaving them alone, I'll do it. Mr. Winchester and I will both get what we want.

"Great. You're a smart girl," Mr. Winchester stated as he signaled something to a bodyguard. "We found Ryan, and all you have to do is continue your babysitting job. He's staying in a small apartment, using whatever money he has left, probably from those petty fights he wins. Stay with him, you have one month to convince him to come back and work for me. Understood?"

While he explained, the bodyguard untied my body from the chair and grabbed my shoulders as I stood to my feet. "C-Can I at least say goodbye to them?" I asked, looking at both of them who were not meeting my gaze.

"Sure, why not?" Mr. Winchester said, and the bodyguard released his grip and stepped away. Mr. Winchester walked off, getting into a black car. I went and squatted down in front of Nathan and my mother.

"You should've refused," Nathan muttered angrily and I sighed.

"Nathan, don't start. You don't know how this man is. He would've taken everything away from us until I finally agreed to do what he wanted."

"Why just you? What does he want from you?"

"Because... Only I can get him what he wants."

"You'll be all alone with that Ryan guy. I don't like it one bit," Nathan confessed with a huff. I chuckled as I leaned forward and kissed him on the cheek.

I turned to my mother, who remained silent this whole time. "Mom, take good care of Nathan. He's still a baby," I said, teasing Nathan and he pouted. "I'll be fine. I'll always be, as long as I have someone to come home to," I whispered as I gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Be careful," Nathan told me as I stood back up. The bodyguard came and grabbed me again.

"Don't worry. Stay safe, you both. I love you," I said to them as I was walked to the black car that Mr. Winchester got in. I got into the backseat, right behind the passenger seat. Mr. Winchester was sitting in the back as well, behind the driver's seat.

"We have bags full of clothes for you in the trunk, and a bag full of money. Take the money and hide it from Ryan. If he sees it, he'll know it's me. And if you purposely show it to him, I'll do something worse to your family, rather than kill them. Understood?"

I kept my gaze away from Mr. Winchester, and I clasped my hands together tightly in my lap. "U-Understood...sir..."

"I want weekly reports to me. If you fail to do so, there will be a punishment. You can extend your deadline, IF it is needed. Don't do anything stupid, it might seem like we're not watching you, but we always are."

"U-Understood. W-What about school?" I asked him, not sure why it came to my head, but I do intend to graduate.

"No worries, I talked to them. You'll be able to do your month's worth of work online." He pulled out a cellphone and handed it to me. "Here. This cellphone is the same as yours. It still has everything that you had on your other phone. Use this instead and turn in your other phone to me."

I hesitantly took the cellphone out of my pocket and handed it to him. He took it and I grabbed my new cellphone out of his hand. He slipped it into his pocket and I kept mine in my hands. We arrived at an airport, and to the back where a giant jet was parked.

"You'll take my jet. Ryan fled to a small city states away. On your new phone, there is a contact titled 'HELP'. When you are in serious danger, because you know how Ryan gets, call that number instead of the police."

"How will they find me, or whoever it is?" I asked.

"Don't worry, they'll always find you. Anyways, good luck. I leave the rest of the lying up to you. And, I had wished to ride with you, but I am afraid I am very behind my work schedule. Goodbye," he answered, waving to me as the car door opened and I was grabbed and yanked out.

Another man already had all the bags in his hands and was taking them onto the jet. I gripped the phone tightly in my hands as I went up the stairs to the door.

There's no turning back now. I can't. For the sake of everyone.

Even Ryan.

  ××××××××××××××××××××× 

Thank you all for reading! And thank you, thank you, thank you for 8k reads!!!! *squeals*

I never thought my story would make it that far. You guys are the best!

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and definitely Follow me :)

Love you all!!!

~Bethany<3