15.

I couldn't go to sleep, my mind kept thinking about what Mrs. Winchester said to me.

Flashback:

"Have you thought about it? I apologize, I am not trying to pressure you," Mrs. Winchester said to me.

I stared down at my hands that rested in my lap. She took a sip of her latte and I looked up at her.

"I'll do it," I told her and she smiled.

"That's the answer I want to hear. Before you go further into this, I want to let you know... You should be careful around Ryan. He's been damaged, events from his past are not happy memories for him. They are wounds that have not healed yet."

"What...do you mean?" I asked her and she sighed, taking another sip of her latte. I ordered a Caramel Frappuccino, because it's so delicious.

"I shouldn't tell you more, it's not my place to say anything else. But, thank you, for taking on this job. I was thinking of sending him off overseas, or sticking him with a psychiatrist. I think this way is better, though."

"Ah, I see... I'll do my best then," I said to her and she smiled. "But... what do I even do?"

"Just act like how you always been acting around him. I would like if you got closer to him too, he should know what it feels like to have someone close to him," she explained and I nodded slowly.

She pulled out an envelope from her purse and handed it to me. I took it with hesitation. I wanted to open it, but I felt like that was rude.

"What is this?" I asked her, curiously.

"It's your paycheck, that came a little early, but I've been seeing a lot of your efforts."

"Thanks..."

End of Flashback.

I sighed as I kept my gaze up at the ceiling. I haven't even opened the envelope since then, it's sitting in my desk somewhere. I wondered though, how much is in there.

I tried to close my eyes, but Ryan's face keeps coming to my mind. Is he really damaged? He acts like he's a spoiled brat, rather than someone who has been hurt badly in the past.

But, I guess he acts that way to hide what he's feeling. He really does seem like the type to bury his feelings deep within, rather than let them out.

Could I really take on this job? I have never felt so unconfident about something, besides my fourth grade Spelling Bee.

This was going to be one hectic ride.

***

"Good morning, Mom. I haven't seen you in a long time," I said to her when I walked into the kitchen. She was making pancakes, humming a tune I've heard her hum before, while I was growing up.

"I know, I am so sorry. I have been such an irresponsible Mom. I just needed a few days away from home, to let loose for a while and then come back to my senses," she explained as she put some pancakes on a plate and then handed it to me.

"Well, I'm glad you're back. Where did you even go?" I asked her and she sighed as she flipped some of the pancakes in the pan.

"I actually went to Las Vegas. My friend is such a gambling addict, but I just drank. That's what I'm good for anyways."

"Don't say that, Mom. I believe in you, so you should too," I told her as I almost drowned my pancakes in syrup. She smiled, turning to look at me with tears in her eyes.

"I love you so much," she said and I went over to her and hugged her.

"I love you too."

"Oh yeah, there's this man who always waits outside of his car a couple of houses down. Do you know who he is?" My mother asked, and my stomach suddenly twisted into a giant knot.

"Um, I don't know. I think he's a personal driver or something," I told her and she nodded slowly.

"Lucky for them. I know I hate driving myself every morning," she commented and I quietly sighed in relief.

"Well, I have to go," I said as I went over and kissed her cheek.

"You didn't even eat your pancakes. They're all soggy now."

"Right. I forgot." I cut them up into pieces and shoved it all in my mouth. I felt sick afterwards, but I pretended to enjoy it. I finished it and put the plate into the sink. I rushed out the door, almost throwing up.

Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to eat too fast. I felt so sick.

When I got to Mr. Bradley, Ryan was sitting in the backseat and I frowned at the sight of him. "What's he doing here?" I asked Mr. Bradley and he just shrugged his shoulders.

"I really have no idea," Mr. Bradley answered and I sighed. I went to the front seat, but it was taken by Mrs. Winchester. My eyes widened as I slowly sat down in the backseat.

"Good morning, Kimberly," Mrs. Winchester greeted me and I greeted her back, ignoring the feelings of wanting to strangle Ryan.

"Ugh," was all Ryan managed to get out his mouth before I grabbed a pencil from my backpack and stabbed him in the leg. "Ow! What was that for?!"

I hid the pencil and smiled innocently when Mrs. Winchester turned to look back.

I noticed we passed the school. "W-We missed the stop..." I said, but I saw Mrs. Winchester shake her head in the rear view mirror.

"Actually, we're going to go out and eat," Mrs. Winchester informed me and my eyes almost popped out of their sockets.

Breakfast? With Ryan? Kill me, please.

It was about a thirty minute ride. It was mostly silent, and pretty awkward. Every now and then, Ryan and I made some remarks to each other.

We arrived at this giant, and fancy hotel. I stared in fascination. It was castle themed, and it really did kind of look like a castle.

"What? Have you never seen a hotel before?" Ryan asked, in rudeness and I shot him a dirty look.

"No, in fact I haven't," I answered back, sarcastically. I acted sarcastic and everything, but I haven't actually seen a hotel before. And this one was so beautiful.

"Now that we're here. It's time to look presentable," Mrs. Winchester said and Ryan groaned.

"I'm leaving. If this is one of Dad's business meetings, I'm not having it. Goodbye." He turned to leave, but Mrs. Winchester called out to him.

"If you leave, we are sending you out of this country again, and this time, it is not going to be Germany," she warned and he sighed.

"Fine..."

Business meeting? Wait, what's going on? What am I getting dragged into?

×××××××××××××××××××

Thank you all so, so, so much for reading!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter :)

I'm doing my best to fill this story with lots of drama, and romaaaaance. Haha.

**NOTE**

There are many mistakes in this story. I REPEAT, there are many mistakes in this story.

I apologize in advance. I'm not going to fix them, hehe... I'm lazy when it comes to editing and revising.

One day, it will happen. Obviously when the story is done and everything.

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Follow for more ^_^

~Bethany<3