Part 3

Millie |

As I woke up, I felt a rush of excitement and nervousness rush through my chest and into the pit of my stomach. Today I was supposed to sit with Finn at lunch for the first time. I look at the black alarm clock to my left; 6:22 am. I panic as I run around the house in my Calvin Klein pajamas, searching for my books, and my backpack. I quickly shove my books into my mint green backpack as I thump back up the stairs, and fling myself into the bathroom. I quickly turn on the shower, and tap my baby pink colored fingernails on the marble counter as I wait for the water to get hot enough for me to shower in. As I'm in the middle of washing my hair, a wave of hunger hits me. I realize I haven't eaten yet! I quickly finish my shower, and throw a towel around my mess of short hair, and one around my cold, thin body as I practically tumble down the stairs and dart into the kitchen to grab an apple and a yogurt. I eat my breakfast quickly as I rummage through my closet trying to find an outfit to wear. Then I find it! It's a short pink dress with ruffles on the bottom. I get dressed and run into the bathroom to put on my daily makeup. I grab the soft pink lipstick from my old tattered makeup bag, and apply it to my lips carefully. I shake the towel off my head and plugging in my blowdryer. My short brown hair whips around as the heat from the dryer twirls it in it's warm, windy fingers. I run my hands through my hair a few times to settle down any staticky pieces, as I move onto mascara. I quickly apply it to my eyelashes as I reach for my toothbrush with my other hand. I shove the toothbrush into my mouth and I am hit with this wave of mint. It's calming, but it also makes me shiver. I rub the toothbrush against my teeth, making as much as an effort as possible to be quick. I check my phone for the time. 6:45 am. I have 15 minutes to be at school. I zip my makeup bag up and throw it across the bathroom, and spit out the toothpaste in my mouth. I push the toothbrush back into its holder and bolt out of the bathroom and just as I get to the 2nd stair, I feel myself flipping and flopping, and I feel the carpeted stairs against my cheeks and forehead and back as I come crashing down to the bottom of the staircase. I chuckle at myself quietly as I slip on a pair of white flats and snatch my backpack from the counter where I had left it. I grab my "I don't sweat, I sparkle" tumbler full of tea, and I head out onto the sidewalk.
"DING" I hear my phone chime from my backpack. I stop and pull it out from the side pocket of my bag.
FinnSkataBoi: We still sitting together today? :)
I smile at the phone.
Milliemoo86: Yes we sure are! I'm headed to school now. See you at lunchtime! :) :)
FinnSkataBoi: Okey Dokie!!! Bye Millieeee
I fumble with the power button on my phone as I approach my school. A large brick building crawling with people, lockers, and weird school lunches. I see Finn walking into the building with Gaten, and I smile at them softly as we make eye contact from across the courtyard. I hoist my bag over my shoulder, sigh, and step hurriedly towards the double doors of my school.

Finn|
I didn't sleep much last night. I was anxious about sitting with Millie at lunch. I haven't really talked to her, so I don't know what to expect. As the bell rings, I grab my black and white binders, and push through the crowd of students who are shoving their way through the narrow doorway, exiting math class. As I finally manage to weasel my way through the mob, I see Millie making her way to her locker. She was wearing a pink ruffled dress, and white shoes. She looked nice. She saw me looking in her direction, so she smiled kindly at me and started walking toward me.
"Hey!" I exclaim, waving at Millie.
"Hi Finn!" She replies in her British accent. I think her accent is awesome! It's unique. Everyone in our school is American, so nobody has an accent. But Millie, on the other hand, was born in Spain, so she has an accent. I like hearing her voice. Words just roll out of her mouth, getting slightly twisted by her sweet accent and high tone. She starts walking towards the cafeteria, and gestures for me to follow her, so I obey. She takes out her blue wallet and pulls out a 20 dollar bill. I look at her, puzzled by why she has a 20 in her hand.
"I'm buying you and I lunch! That's why I have this money." She giggles and tells me to pick anything to eat.
Millie got a salad, pudding, and a coke, and I got a Turkey grinder and potato chips. We sit down at a table outside, and begin eating our lunches quietly. Millie and I happen to look up from our meals at the same time, and our eyes meet, and we smirk at each other and look back down.
"So, Finn. What's your life like?" Millie starts.
"What do you mean?" I ask confusedly.
"Like what's your backstory? Where are you from, do you have family near here, blah blah blah." Millie explains.
"Oh! Well, I'm from Canada, but my dad got a job here, so here we are in Los Angeles! I have no family here except for the family I came with. My aunts and uncles and everyone like that's up in Canada still. What's your story?" I say.
"Umm, well I was born in Spain, and I've moved to a lot of different places in my lifetime, but once my mom came to LA for a vacation, she insisted we move here, so we packed up, bought a house, and here we are. Most of my family is in Florida, which is where I was before I was here." Millie replied smiling and opening her pudding.
I smiled at her as she skimmed the surface of the brown creamy paste with her spoon.
" I just remembered I hate pudding. Here." She says laughing. She puts the pudding next to me. I smile at her and laugh.
"Oh I fell down my stairs this morning!" She exclaimed, laughing harder and harder by the second. I suddenly burst out laughing so hard that I spit my water at her. She screams in amusement and tries to stand up quick, but fails and ends up falling out of her seat. She was laughing hysterically, and so was I.
I can't wait for more adventures with this girl.

HI! I'm so sorry I didn't update sooner! This is a huge chapter because it has 1200 something words in it! That's the most I've ever written in one chapter before! I have gigantic plans for this story, and I hope your enjoying it so far! Please comment opinions, and you can vote too if you want! Thanks for reading so far!! ❤️❤️
Alexis