Chapter one

Cindy

 I was helping a customer, Mr. Barn's. A nice old man, who helped me find my little apartment. He had white hair, and dark blue eyes, full of life. "So Mr. Barn's, would you like a piece of our blueberry cobbler?"

 He pats his stomach, and laughs Merrily. "No ma'am! I have to get home to the wife. She's sick! I came down to get her some soup, but the food smelled so good I had to have some...." He paused, and was looking at the cobbler.

"Why don't you take some home with you Mr. Barn's? I'll get that chicken noodle soup ready, and have my friend Sally make you up two dishes. How's that sound?" I smile at him.

"That would be lovely! Your such a nice young woman, Cindy. So why on earth are you working here? Not that i'm objecting to it, your like the daughter I never got to have." He pats my hand.

"I don't know, Mr. Barn's. But your like the father I never had too." I kiss his head, and made my way over to the counter, when he walked in.

 He was a little over six-feet tall, had black, as midnight hair, and mysterious green eyes. i smelled the air, and giggled. He was the one! He's my Mate! I tell Becky, what Mr. Barn's needs, and made my way over to him. "Hi." I shyly tell him, he turn's my way, and I saw he was with some friends.

"And you are?" A guy with blonde hair, wearing a 'WOLVES ROCK' T-shirt, says too me.

"My name is Cindy, and I'll be your waitress today. Follow me, and i'll escort you to your seat." I move over to the both, sitting next to Mr. Barn's. He waved at, me and I smiled. He looked over at the young men, and his eyes glazed over with rage.

"Hey Cindy! Are you free tonight? I need a bed partner?!" A man with brown hair, wearing a ''I'll be your best lay ever babe!' T-shirt asks me. 

 I look at my mate, and saw him laughing with the other guys. He must not know that we're mate's. That must be why he's acting this way. i tell myself, already making excuses. I ignore him, and asked. "What would you guys like to drink?"

 My mate says. "Jerry here, would like a Pepsi, and Derek, would like a Dr.Pepper. I would like a mountain dew. Oh! and one of my friends is late. He would probably order something lame like sweet-tea." I like sweet-tea. I think to myself, does that make me lame too?

 I walk away, and gave Becky their order. I make my way over to Mr.Barn's. "Is everything okay?" He still staring at them.

"Do you know them Mr.Barn's?" He finally looks at me, with sadness. 

"Yes. Yes I do. My son  Xavier, is close friends with him. He started hanging out with him when his girlfriend died. They were in so much love, I guess it just drove him to madness or something. He quit talking to me, and I just don't know what to do?" He still glares at them.

"Why don't you like them?" 

"There a bunch of thieves. Stealing, and sleeping with every girl that will lift their skirts." He spit, at them. 

"Why don't yo take the soup, and your cobbler home, and sit with your wife. She must really need you by now. Tell her I said hi, and that I hope she get's better." I hug him around the shoulder's.

"Okay Missy! But you take care, and try not to get to close to them. I don't want you getting hurt. By the likes of them. You should also come over this Saturday." I look over at them, and think. My mate wouldn't do that. I'm still saving myself for him, wouldn't he do the same for me?

 Mr. Barn's paid, and started leaving. "See you later Mr.Barn's!" I yelled after him. He waved his hand, as the door shut.

 I deliver their drinks, and asked. "DO you want to order now, or wait for your friend?" I secretly hope for the later.