// eleven //

Read author's note at the end of the story. It's important.

"Do you want to go home and come back tomorrow? You've stayed here all weekend."

"I'm fine. I'm used to being here by now."

"Well would like some breakfast?"

"Are you kidding me? I might be starving but I'm not eating any hospital food Luke."

He chuckled at my response. That's the first time I've seen him laugh in a long time.

Come to think of it, the last time was when we had the Nerf Gun fight.

Why can't things go back to the way they were?

I imagine what it would be like if they had never met me or if I had just walked past Calum instead of introducing myself to him when he came up to me.

If I hadn't let him in my house when he showed up out of nowhere. If I had just ignored the whole "stalker" thing and let it go like Harry and Carly told me to. No one would be in this situation. No one would be hurt because of me.

Specially Calum.

Just thinking about it makes me mad and sad at the same time.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Luke whipped away the tears. I didn't even realize I was crying.

"I was just thinking about how everything would be so much better and different if I wasn't in his life, your life, in all of your guys life. You wouldn't be going through this. You'd have Calum, memories and everything. He wouldn't be hospitalized. Don't you see? This all happened after I came in. I'm sure you guys had your problems even without me but I bet they weren't this big."

"Goddammit Marlena," he stood up from besides me and ran his hair through his hair. "how many times do I need to tell you? This wasn't your fault. It was bound to happen. Calum was involved with stuff that he knew he shouldn't have. He knew damn well what he was getting himself into. We tried to stop him, god knows we did but the kid just didn't want to listen. And you know what the results were? Huh? Do you?"

He's voice just kept getting louder and louder every time.

I shook my head.

"Well. Imagine the most innocent boy you can think of add a little bit of a dirty mind and a bit of cussing and you have Calum. The Calum we knew would never do the things he did. We have no idea what got to him. Maybe his parents. Maybe he was just tired of his daily life. He always told us he wanted more excitement in his life. We never took him seriously, we just laughed and pretended to agree. We should've paid more attention now that I think of it."

He seemed calmer remembering the old Calum. Like he was reliving the times they had.

"He started sneaking out at night, ditching class, keeping secrets. He started to cuss out his parents which wasn't anything new. He did it once in a while, but then he hit his dad and ran away. We didn't know where he was for a good week or two and his parents didn't bother to even tell the cops and have a search party for him. When he came back he was a totally different person. Tattoos, piercings, gages, you name it he had it. We later learned what he was really doing. Turns out he was selling drugs, doing drugs, sleeping with random girls, going to frat parties. He even had a boss that gave him the drugs to sell."

"How did you and the rest of the boys get involved?" I finally asked.

"I honestly don't know. It just happened. We all got involved with the same guy started to do things we never thought we would ever do."

If you don't mind me asking, why does Blake want to kill him so badly?"

"Well one night we had a special delivery to make and it was to Blake. We had no idea what it was since we never asked what the product was. We weren't allowed to. I guess whatever it was, was for Blake's fiancé. Our boss didn't know that, he was hopping it was for Blake himself. Turns out the stuff was some sort of poison that ended up killing his fiancé. Blake blamed it all on Calum and us. He swore that he did something to his order and swore that whenever he had the chance to get back at Calum or any of us he would. He kept his word."

"What happened?" I dared to ask.

"He had a girlfriend, her name was Rider. He loved her very much. More than he's ever loved anything. He'd do anything for her. When I say anything I mean anything. Blake found out he truly loved and cared about her that he decided to finally get his revenge. He got a hold of Rider and burnt her alive."

I was speechless. I already thought this men was crazy but now that I know this he's more along the lines of a psychopath. Who even thinks of burning someone alive?

"I guess that wasn't enough for him. He saw we all cared about you. That we would protect you. He wanted revenge on all of us and you were the key. He wasn't an idiot though, he said we could have you back but Calum would have to pay the price. He knew very well we cared about him. He wanted to hurts us but Calum the most. I guess you were just bait for him to get what he really wanted."

At this point I'm bawling my eyes out again.

"Hey shhhh. He's going to be just fine. We're going to be fine too. We'll help him get ba-"

"We'll what?" I ask.

He was staring at something. I looked up and my heart fell to my stomach.

"Blake?"

++++

Oh. My. God. I feel horrible for not updating for so long and leaving in a cliff hanger. If you read my previous AN you know why. I am so so so so so so so sorry. But I have something very special planned for the next chapter. Anyways i'm going to try my hardest to update more often.

Sorry for the wait once again.

Hope you enjoyed learning a little more about Calum.

Love you all

Please VOTE and COMMENT -L